Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

January 2021 Closers

tag
sxa001
Valued Contributor

Re: January 2021 Closers

We received our conditional approval on 12/22, my December bank statement cut on 12/24 so with the holiday they just received it today, at this point my loan officer thinks all is good and and closing is still scheduled for 1/6.  So now I just wait for the CTC. 

Message 11 of 50
laurenjarrod
Valued Member

First time honebuyer and very excited to be here! 

It's been one heck of a ride, from an abusive marriage, to rebuilding my credit. But I'm almost at the finish line : ) 

Purchase Price: $305,900

DP: 3.5%

Loan Type: FHA

Mid Score: 663

Tentative Closing Date: 1/15/2021

Rate Locked at 2.25%

I used Rocket Mortgage and they have been great. The loan officer spent 2 hours answering my questions and explaining the process. 

Appraisal is scheduled for 1/4. That is the last piece before I get my CLC. 

Message 12 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey good to hear you used rocket mortgage, I am going to apply in FEB to a local lender and rocket mortgage. Did they ask for the normal documents? about how long did it take you from applying to get an approval from underwriting ? 

Thanks. 

Message 13 of 50
sammib45

Well since my last post, things moved along pretty quickly, even with the holiday closings.

The inspection came back pretty low key, couple of issues that the sellers fixed up. Appraisal came back $3k above sale price with only a tiny stucco repair for the sellers to take care of. They fixed it within a day. Now we are waiting on whether the appraiser will have to go back out in person to check the repairs or if they will take pics as evidence.

All documents have been submitted to lender, I've been trying to get them in as I get notified there's another to-do. We are supposed to close on 1/8, so only six more days. I'm trying not to jinx anything but I've started packing stuff and purging our current house. 

Oh, we did lock our rate at 2.99% in December, so that is done. Just a waiting game until we either get that conditional approval or clear to close in the next few days 😬😬

Message 14 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I didnt see a January 2021 closers thread so here we go:

Feels good after starting here in the Rebuilding Your Credit forum many years ago, then moving into the Credit Card forum, now able to post in the Mortgage forum, the end goal is so close!

Purchase Price: $207,500

Mid Score: 770

Tentative Closing Date: 1/8/2021

Rate Locked at 2.25%

Receiving a $15,000 Credit for closing costs and down payment assistance for buying in an area affected by Hurricane Michael in 2018.

We just had our home inspection completed, now awaiting the lender to order the appraisal and am super stressed that the home might not appraise at our offer price.

We received a conditional approval on 12/22 and are still waiting to hear from the processor for additional items needed.  

Just spoke to our loan officer and she said if the processor didnt request anything from me yet, then they wont need anything else and all were waiting on is the clear to close!

We got our closing disclosure today! After the conditional approval we never received any conditions to meet from underwriting which I still find extremely odd. Scheduled closing for Friday 1/8 at 4:30 PM 3 days from now. Still waiting on clear to close. When can we expect that to come in?

Message 15 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I ask who is your lender?  I have been pre approved for va with a higher interest rate but the same middle score. 

Message 16 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I didnt see a January 2021 closers thread so here we go:

Feels good after starting here in the Rebuilding Your Credit forum many years ago, then moving into the Credit Card forum, now able to post in the Mortgage forum, the end goal is so close!

Purchase Price: $207,500

Mid Score: 770

Tentative Closing Date: 1/8/2021

Rate Locked at 2.25%

Receiving a $15,000 Credit for closing costs and down payment assistance for buying in an area affected by Hurricane Michael in 2018.

We just had our home inspection completed, now awaiting the lender to order the appraisal and am super stressed that the home might not appraise at our offer price.

We received a conditional approval on 12/22 and are still waiting to hear from the processor for additional items needed.  

Just spoke to our loan officer and she said if the processor didnt request anything from me yet, then they wont need anything else and all were waiting on is the clear to close!

We got our closing disclosure today! After the conditional approval we never received any conditions to meet from underwriting which I still find extremely odd. Scheduled closing for Friday 1/8 at 4:30 PM 3 days from now. Still waiting on clear to close. When can we expect that to come in?

Clear to close just came in!!!!! Closing in two days on friday at 430 pm!

Message 17 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Can I ask who is your lender?  I have been pre approved for va with a higher interest rate but the same middle score. 

I'm using a local mortgage company in NW Florida

Message 18 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Joining ya'll! I began a refi in October and finally got sent to processing today. It's a miracle! 

Purchase Price: $600,000 originally, refinancing $590,000

DP: N/A

Loan Type: Refinancing from FHA to conventional 

Mid Score: 710

Tentative Closing Date: No clue yet

Rate is 2.875% but not locked yet

Message 19 of 50
sxa001
Valued Contributor

Congratulations to all the January closers!  We closed yesterday, loan was funded 2 hours after we signed all the paperwork and we picked up our keys.  January will be for projects, we start moving in Feburary and plan is to be full time by the end of Feburary.  

For all of you pending close, be patient!  It can get pretty intense but getting those keys is an amazing feeling! 

Message 20 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.