Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

January/February 2020 Closers

tag
TXPocohontas
Regular Contributor

Re: January/February 2020 Closers

I am also packing and cleaning, waiting on my CD.  Spoke to my loan guy Thursday and they were wrapping up.  They just needed my employer from 2 years ago verified (guess my W2 and tax return wasn't sufficient evidence) but had ordered the CD.  Hopefully I will get it Monday.  Movers are scheduled for Friday so they better step up.  LOL

Starting Fico 8 Score Dec 2019: 469 TU 501 EQ 453 EX
Current Score: 819 TU 795 EQ 796 EX
Goal Score: 820 Across the board
First Premier CL $600 BAL $0, Lane Bryant CL $750 BAL $0, Credit One AMEX CL $600 BAL $0, NFCU Visa CL $11,100 BAL $0, Capital One QuickSilver CL $2000 BAL $0,Capital One Savor CL $3000 BAL $0,Discover CL $10,000 BAL $0,Ashleys Homestore CL $3500 BAL $0,
Bobs Furniture AKA Wells Fargo CL $3100 BAL $0,LATE PAYS/COLLECTIONS/BANKRUPTCIES/CHARGEOFFS/JUDGEMENTS 0
Message 91 of 128
Cjaysmom
Regular Contributor

@TXPocohontas wrote:

So this afternoon I get an email from the title company.  They sent me an 11 page disclosure and fees document.  I get excited because surely the title company is not jumping to conclusions and got the go ahead from my loan guy.  Then the builder rep who has been acting like he is my personal realtor calls me asking if I heard from the loan guy today.  I said No, why?  He says things are moving along and I am expected to close next week.  I told him that I haven't received the final approval yet.  He said that I will have the appraisal done soon and we are on track to close, so don't worry.

Not doing the Snoopy dance yet, I want that final approval and CTC.  I am happy though.  Smiley Happy

Hang in there.  Moved in yesterday and boy do I have a lot of boxes an messes in both places.  I will be finished with the other place by Friday.  The house is a dream to live in.  Just big enough!! Just wait, all of this will be in the past.

Message 92 of 128
Cjaysmom
Regular Contributor

@Keyluv44 wrote:
Purchase price - $205,612 % Down - 0 Product - VA Mid score - 640 ish Rate -4.75% Estimated Close Date: 01/27/2020 Possible issues - waiting for CTC as of now : ( (1/24/2020 @ 1529 ) Update! As of 1600 on Friday I did receive my CTC! Closing Monday 1/27 @4pm I would say my obstacles were my student loan debt. Had to get 12 month forbearance for my DTI. Good luck to everyone on this journey because at 50 years old, first time homeowner, I probably will not repeat this process. Smiley Happy Keyluv44

Don't be too sure about that. My mom refinanced her home at 77 years old with a 15 year loan. She paid it off last June....at 92 years old.

Message 93 of 128
radfam
Frequent Contributor

Awesome @cjaysmom!! I bet you are so happy to finally be in and working towards unpacking and settling.

We have our final walkthrough schedule for Friday, just before we head over for closing! Ahhhh!!!
Fico 8 as of 03/09/2023:

Message 94 of 128
TXPocohontas
Regular Contributor

I finally got my CD today!  Closing scheduled for Friday, 1/31/2020.  It's gonna be close.  Cleaning as I go so only the living room has stuff for movers.  Best part:  $0 cash to close   Thank you Daddy in heaven looking out for your baby girl!  Smiley Very Happy   Smiley Very Happy     Smiley Very Happy

First Premier CL $600 BAL $0, Lane Bryant CL $750 BAL $0, Credit One AMEX CL $600 BAL $0, NFCU Visa CL $11,100 BAL $0, Capital One QuickSilver CL $2000 BAL $0,Capital One Savor CL $3000 BAL $0,Discover CL $10,000 BAL $0,Ashleys Homestore CL $3500 BAL $0,
Bobs Furniture AKA Wells Fargo CL $3100 BAL $0,LATE PAYS/COLLECTIONS/BANKRUPTCIES/CHARGEOFFS/JUDGEMENTS 0
Message 95 of 128
Herestohoping19
New Contributor

Congrats everyone almost there and congrats everyone that made it to the table this month so far.
Starting Score: 600
Current Score: 702
Goal Score: 760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 96 of 128
radfam
Frequent Contributor

Less than 24 hours to go until we are homeowners again!! Husband is picking up the cashiers check now for our cash to close. Lender, title, and realtor all gave the thumbs up to close on time tomorrow. I’m so pleased! Fingers crossed for NOTHING to go wrong between now and then. A pretty crappy coworker was telling me yesterday about how he and his husband walked away from their home 48 hours before closing. They found out in the 11th hour that the pool for the home they were buying had a massive sinkhole under it, estimated 40k to repair, so they bailed (rightfully so). But still, that kind of horrific thing is not what I wanted to hear just days before closing. 🤣
Fico 8 as of 03/09/2023:

Message 97 of 128
TXPocohontas
Regular Contributor

Well I have been fighting for my loan all week.  Loan guy tells me my former employer out of state is not cooperating and asked me to reach them.  I explain I filed a labor lawsuit and won so they probably wont.  I asked him why my tax returns and employee copies of my W2s were not enough to prove I worked for them.  Long story short, I get the payroll chick to fill out the PVOE and return it. It was returned yesterday at 12:47pm!  And the whole time my loan guy says he doesnt have it, his office had it.  Because I had a part time job in sales that year, oh they wanted a PVOE on that too.  They have 2 years worth of VOE.  **bleep**??? So now I am waiting on that one.  Needless to say, I am probably not closing yet.  Let's put a cherry on top:  I find out the loan guy has been in Mexico on vacation while working my file!!!  Explains why he had all my info for 3 weeks and waits til the last second to do VOE's.   Bet he is enjoying those margaritas.  AUUUUGGGGHHHHHH!

Message 98 of 128
radfam
Frequent Contributor

Omg how stressful!!! That’s so crazy! We had a minor scare on Wednesday. Unbeknownst to us, there was some back and forth between the lender and title. The VA wanted some extra verification from the title that there were no liens or something like that. I only found out when I emailed title, lender, and realtor about confirming closing and the amount for the cashiers check. Needless to say, it’s all taken care of now. We head to final walkthrough in 20 min and straight to closing after that.
Fico 8 as of 03/09/2023:

Message 99 of 128
radfam
Frequent Contributor

@txpocahontas i’d be so mad if that happened to me. What jerks your former employers are! I’m glad you found someone to complete the PVOE. But it’s crazy to me that you had to step in and find someone to do it.
Fico 8 as of 03/09/2023:

Message 100 of 128
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.