cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

January/February closers! Where are you at?

tag
Tooliebell
Frequent Contributor

Re: January/February closers! Where are you at?

So if you put the $1500 into escrow you don't have to have the repairs done before you close? 

We do have lots of time to close, we aren't on a deadline and we still have a home we own to live in, so while I am extremely anxious to move, we don't have to close and move at any certain time. 

Glad you are using your time to get packed and be ready when the time comes!  Good luck.

Message 31 of 122
Anonymous
Not applicable

right! Well just got word that We have to have another FIELD Review Appraisal because this home is on a historical block and it used to be apart of another city but is now apart of Chicago.. Well the city across the street have homes that sell for 300-400K more  and the homes that have sold in Chicago 2 miles away are far less :sigh: So it will be up to 36  hours :smile: .. the closing may be tight.. they are working on it.

Yes.. if we put up the cash in escrow.. the painters can come out when the weather breaks and  do the repairs then.. We aren't being forced to move right now but had shipped kids off for  winter break out of town with my mom/sister (their desire) and was really hoping to have all of this done before they came back and I was back to playing Taxi with school resuming etc lol.. It'll be fine.. just another job compounded with everything else.. Ohh and it's 13 degrees outside. I think I've already mentioned that! haha

Message 32 of 122
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

To answer a few questions about my prior post:

Unfortunately, my credit tanked BEFORE our LO pulled our credit, so our scores from the original pull didn't qualify (approx. 20 points short) so hurrying to close won't help since our scores haven't yet qualified us to close. Time is actually our friend here because our house won;t be ready for about 2 more months, so I am on a mission to get those 20 points to allow us to keep this house!

Trust me, I have tried the Booner method. Unfortunately, the only baddies on my report are CO student loans all with the same lender and I spent months calling, writing letters, etc begging for GW adjustments. They simply won't do it. Also, the "I want to buy a home for my family" approach hasn't helped either because I still have oustanding balances with them and I'm sure they would love to see my downpayment go toward those balances, so I have to keep the house hush hush with them. I think my only hope is to continue paying down my util % and cross my fingers!!

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 33 of 122
Tooliebell
Frequent Contributor

Small update for me, barn repairs have been inspected and we are good there.  Just waiting for water tests results and the signed addendum from the seller and we can close.  YIPPPEEEEE!!!  Too bad the seller doesn't know how to find a fax so the addendum could be signed in like 2 seconds!  Snail mail for him.. Seriously!

Message 34 of 122
Anonymous
Not applicable

this actually happened to me!  My scores weren't at the mid "620" that was needed (the mid score) and this was a short sale. Since the sellere had just started the HAFA Short sale with our offer , This bought us some time. By the time My lender told me that it was time to pull my credit ( by the way , we were waiting some some LATES from Student Loans to drop) .. Low and behold, My score went from 611 to 695 ... I couldn't believe it!! .... so now they are going off of those scores now. the only downside.. now that i could possibly get some really good credit cards.. I can't because we've been waiting months to close on the homeloan LOL .. add to that.. this woman is taking her 5K wolfe Range along with her fridge / washer and dryer so we have to purchase those things as soon as we leave the closing. We've put a downpayment on them and this time we want some "Grown Up" things.. but i can tell you, prices have changed.. I saw the bill for $8500 with warranties for 4 appliances and I almost passed out! LOL.. Hoping we can finance about 1/2 of it to keep some of our cash lol

.. Hoping this Field appraisal happens quickly.. I knew something had to happen! good grief!

Message 35 of 122
Tooliebell
Frequent Contributor

Update:  No update!  Ha...still hanging on by a the string of the selling agent.  He won't provide the water/septic/lead results and the seller's addendum.  I say he won't because I think he has those things just won't provide them.  These are the last 2 things I need to close.  He told my realtor the water/septic inspection was ordered last Monday, and done on Wednesday.  The seller has had the addendum since last Tuesday.  He reports yesterday that he won't have anything until the end of the week, and when questioned why it is taking so long for the water sample results, he says again I won't have anything until the end of the week.

Honestly, I could have ordered the water/septic inspection and had results in 3 days according to someone in my area that does these inspections routinely.  The selling agent won't share who was hired to do the water/septic inspection so that we can see why it is taking so long. 

So I sit in the hands of him waiting.  Now I know I will hear, these things take time, and the selling agent wouldn't be holding this deal up, and it will all be worth it, and the holidays have shortened the time frame.  But those are all excuses right now.  We should have been able to close on this deal in December.  Oddly in Michigan, we have no snow, and the weather has been pretty nice.  I am CRAZY busy in January with work and am doubtful I will be able to take any time off to move.  Every day this takes one day longer is one day more I risk moving in a ten feet of snow or being in the middle of facilitating a training.  It has become inconvenient.  And I am mad!

Message 36 of 122
Holly1221
Regular Contributor

Sorry Toolie!  I know how  you feel!  I live in Northwest Indiana....by the time we close there will be snow drifts!  Our appraisal is to take place today.  I read about your sewer/septic/well tests........is it required by FHA?  This house we're buying also has a well/sewer/septic but I haven't been told we need it tested "yet".  The home inspector said we "could" have it done....who knows!  Guess I'll find out today when FHA appraiser comes?!

12/27/11: EQ 618 / TU 621 / EX 643 (lender pull for CLOSING!)
MYFICO: EQ 618 / TU 610 on 12-07-11
MyFico EQ: 603 on 12-01-11
Current: 594 EQ/ 616 EX/ 599 TU (lender pulls 11-28-11)
Previous: 555 EQ/ 552 EX/ 573 TU (lender pulls 10-28-11)
GOAL: NEW HOUSE ...GOT IT ON 01/27/12
2012 GOAL: 750
Message 37 of 122
Tooliebell
Frequent Contributor

Holly-- I am not sure if it is "required" for everyone with a private well and septic.  I thought I read somwhere that it is up the lender if they want to require it.  Our's had to be done, because on all sides of our house is a cornfield and with the significant agriculture presence it was recommended by the appraiser as a condition of the appraisal. 

Might be something to ask your lender?

Message 38 of 122
stilettos_and_spitup
New Contributor

We are hoping to close on January 30 too!  Crossing my fingers!!!!  (for us AND you)

Starting Score : 498 - 04/01/11
My FICO : 573 - 09/04/11
My FICO : 639 - 11/23/11
My FICO : 663 - 01/04/12
My FICO : 748 - 03/15/12
THANK YOU MYFICO FORUMS!
Message 39 of 122
Holly1221
Regular Contributor

Appraisal is over.  Realtor said it went well.  Appraiser said he wouldn't have flagged the roof but would've asked for a roof certification (but seller already agreed to replace).  He did not ask for well/septic/sewer tests AND, he told the realtor that we're "getting a good deal on this house"!!!  I'm sure it will come back at least $183k or more!!  Our lender also said he'd go ahead & order title work before he gets results back since he's confident this one will be ok!!

12/27/11: EQ 618 / TU 621 / EX 643 (lender pull for CLOSING!)
MYFICO: EQ 618 / TU 610 on 12-07-11
MyFico EQ: 603 on 12-01-11
Current: 594 EQ/ 616 EX/ 599 TU (lender pulls 11-28-11)
Previous: 555 EQ/ 552 EX/ 573 TU (lender pulls 10-28-11)
GOAL: NEW HOUSE ...GOT IT ON 01/27/12
2012 GOAL: 750
Message 40 of 122
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.