cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job loss, loan pre-appoval, bid on a house- Need help loan guys, or anyone else...

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Job loss, loan pre-appoval, bid on a house- Need help loan guys, or anyone else...

@Shogun wrote:

Tell them now, be upfront and honest with them.   You may have to wait awhile to get your mortgage, but at least it will be done in a legal fashion.   

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and I'm wishing you the best of luck for your interviews!

+1...    try to get hired back in the same industry if possible Smiley Happy

Hopefully making more income Smiley Wink   sometimes when a door closes, a window opens Smiley Happy

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Job loss, loan pre-appoval, bid on a house- Need help loan guys, or anyone else...

In my situation I still worked FT and my husband lost his job.  They re-did the loan under my name only.  They took my husband off the loan.  I was approved for the same  amount. Smiley Happy  I agree with the others, tell them the truth.  They will tell you your options.  I ended up having to transfer my loan to a FHA since the house we wanted had a barn. Smiley Sad  Anyway, good luck!  House buying is so stressful, but so worth it in the end.

Message 12 of 13
beb86
Valued Contributor

My wife lost her job while under contract on an FHA but where she wasn't on  the loan it really wasn't a big deal...but yes I would tell them, then look at your financial situation to make sure you can afford it.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.