Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

July 2020 Closers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: July 2020 Closers

Well-

The appraisal on the home we are selling came back "good" and their agent says we are good to close on July 6th but we haven't gotten anything in stone yet. 

We got the conditions from the UW on the new house and submitted the addtional paperwork. The appraisal is suppposed to be completed and the report returned by July 2nd. We are hoping for a July 8th closing. 

I really stink at waiting...... 

Message 31 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

Purchase Price- $308K

Downpayment - 3.5%

Product - 30 yr FHA

Mid-Score- 680

Rate- 3.625 

Appraisal Ordered: 06/03/2020

Estimated Close Date: 7/10/2020

Possible Issues: Appraisal revision ordered. Seller paining house trim this week. Appraiser will have to go back out and approve. Fingers crossed!

Message 32 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

Good Luck!!

Message 33 of 81
ccorr3326

@Anonymous do you mind sharing your lender Info? 

Message 34 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

How are things going with your mortgage?  Did you close yet?  Who's your lender?  Any hiccups along the way?

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm new and didn't find this topic so here goes.  I am very thankful for all of the great advice found in this forum.

Mid Score: 630 (No collections/several lates in previous years/AZEO as of last month/Last month paid off 4 of 5 installments resulted in decrease of scores by 10 points)

New Conventional Mortgage

New Construction: Already Built

Under Contract: $391,500  10% down

Fixed Rate: 4.0% (Paying 1 point)

AUS pre-approved and now in UW

Targeted closing date: mid July

Inspection completed today with a boat load of issues; but re-assured nothing glaring; waiting for official report tomorrow. 

E-signed initial loan disclosures today

No sleep from now until July....Fingers crossed!

Message 35 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow! I guess there aren't many of us...but I am excited to be one of them!!

Purchase Price- $435K

Downpayment - 5%

Product - 30 yr conventional

Mid-Score- 635

Rate- 3.50 (4.22 APR)

Appraisal Ordered 06/19/2020

Estimated Close Date: 7/15/2020

Possible Issues: (Knock on wood!!) We don't see any. It is rural property so the appraisal needs to be on point but other than that...I feel like it is all GOOD!!!

This waiting is AWFUL!!!

May I ask who your lender is?  I'm looking to find a good mortgage lender...planning to purchase next month.  Thanks.

Message 36 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous 

It never dawned on me to shop mortgage lenders until I became an active member of this community. I can tell you from personal, recent, experience...keep looking. 

From what I have learned....the approval proccess has ALOT to do with the lender or broker overlays. I blasted 15 applications out in about 4 hours. I was denied by 2 flat out. I got offers of FHA but not conventional with 5 and various terms, I got approved for conventional but NOT FHA with 4 and various terms. I spoke with reps from the rest and decided not to continue their application process because approval was not likely. 

I just locked in at 3.5% on a 30 yr conventional loan with a 635 mid score and a purchase price of $435K. 

What I don't know is what impact the area you are looking in may have....

Good Luck! 

***What are broker overlays?  I'm shopping for a mortgage and trying to do my due diligence.  Can you suggest any lenders?

Message 37 of 81
amck12
New Contributor

Re: May/June 2020 Closers
@amck12 wrote:
@amck12 wrote:
@amck12 wrote:

So, as of last Sunday we're under contract. We set a very conservative closing date of June 26th. Here's the data points:

Lender: NFCU

Product: Conventional Homebuyer's Choice (Vacation Home - site built), 5.25% APR, 5% Down

DTI: ~26% Frontend, ~30% Backend

Purchase Price: $157,500 with $2500 seller assist towards closing.

Scores: Husband middle score: 719 - My middle score 728

Just a quick update, we switched to a different loan product. Instead we're going with a standard conventional loan, with 10% down and 4.5% APR. The reason for this is, well the interest rate, but also when reading the small print I discovered that the homebuyer's choice program also charges a funding fee on top of the origination fee for the amount of 1.75%. Still no PMI, though. I was considering buying some points to get the rate down a bit, but the extra 1.5% in points and 1.75% in fees almost equal a 10% total downpayment, with ~3.25% just going straight into the bank's pockets. I'd rather just pony up 10% down without the additional fees and get a lower rate while putting the extra in equity.

Our packet went off to the processor today and the appraisal was ordered. Still keeping fingers crossed.....

Another update. Our file went off to initial underwriting last week, now we're just waiting on the employment verifications to come back. Everything was on track still to close on the 26th. A little NFCU specific detail that is pretty convenient is that you can put the closing cost in your NFCU account and they will wire it for you at no cost for closing. No more cashier's check hassles.

I can't wait, I'm itching to go furniture shopping!

Finally go the clear to close! Our file sat in the final underwriting queue for almost a week, and therefore our closing had to be pushed back until 6/30....grrrr..... Loan processor said it was very unusual it took that long. Fingers crossed for the home stretch!!!

UPDATE: yea none of this happened. The day of closing I get a call from Navy Fed that they are missing a survey from the closing packet, and if the seller had a survey they could provide. The seller had a survey, from 1999, and it was deemed too old. So now I'm waiting on a survey to get completed on the property so we can close. Thankfully the seller is hanging in there. Shame on Navy Federal for not calling me until the day of closing, when they knew about the missing paperwork the day before. 

To my now fellow July closers, hopefully this process will be smoother for y'all!

Chase Freedom - $6.7K SL - Opened 10/2008
Paypal Smart Connect - $1.9K SL - Opened 06/2009
USAA Rewards - $12.6K SL - Opened 02/2011
Syn Care Credit - $18K SL - Opened 05/2017
Chase Amazon - $2.3K SL - Opened 07/2012
Chase Slate - $4.2K SL - Opened 06/2019
NFCU Platinum - $18K SL - Opened 06/2019
NFCU Flagship - $25K SL - Opened 09/2019

Fico 8 (USAA/Discover): 706 (09/2019), 716 (05/2020)
Fico 9 (NFCU): 738 (10/2019), 782 (05/2020)

Fico 8 3 bureau (Creditchecktotal): EX-709 EQ-723 TU-723 (10/2019)

Message 38 of 81
iced
Valued Contributor

@amck12 wrote:

UPDATE: yea none of this happened. The day of closing I get a call from Navy Fed that they are missing a survey from the closing packet, and if the seller had a survey they could provide. The seller had a survey, from 1999, and it was deemed too old. So now I'm waiting on a survey to get completed on the property so we can close. Thankfully the seller is hanging in there. Shame on Navy Federal for not calling me until the day of closing, when they knew about the missing paperwork the day before. 

To my now fellow July closers, hopefully this process will be smoother for y'all!

My process has been pretty bumpy too. It's par for the course. The key is to close on time so as not to be out my not-insignificant deposit.

Message 39 of 81
amck12
New Contributor

@iced ....technically.... our contract is expired, but we're proceeding anyways. We have nothing invested but a lot of time, effort, and the cost of the appraisal (and now the survey also). We actually already left a few things at the house (with permission), so everyone fully expects this to close soon. I'm so over it, though.

Chase Freedom - $6.7K SL - Opened 10/2008
Paypal Smart Connect - $1.9K SL - Opened 06/2009
USAA Rewards - $12.6K SL - Opened 02/2011
Syn Care Credit - $18K SL - Opened 05/2017
Chase Amazon - $2.3K SL - Opened 07/2012
Chase Slate - $4.2K SL - Opened 06/2019
NFCU Platinum - $18K SL - Opened 06/2019
NFCU Flagship - $25K SL - Opened 09/2019

Fico 8 (USAA/Discover): 706 (09/2019), 716 (05/2020)
Fico 9 (NFCU): 738 (10/2019), 782 (05/2020)

Fico 8 3 bureau (Creditchecktotal): EX-709 EQ-723 TU-723 (10/2019)

Message 40 of 81
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.