Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

July & August Closers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: July & August Closers

We sent ours to Rural Development on August 9th, they were running about 10 days behind. We received our loan committment on August 20th, then the file went back to Underwriting for 24 hours and then Quality Review for 48 hours and we got the clear to close on Thursday, August 23rd. We are closing tomorrow - August 28th.

Message 131 of 138
seemund
Contributor

I think I can post here now...

• Purchase Price:  $195.000
  • Property: Two Family
  • Submitted offer on:06/08/2012
  • Signed Purchased contract on : 06/12/2012
  • Type of Loan: FHA
  • Loan Rate: Not Lock yet...
  • Loan Application submitted:  07/2012
  • Loan approved: within the next 14 days
  • Closing date: Somewhere around 9/24/2012
  • Closed on: Pending

It was a short sale, it took the bank almost 3 months to give the ok. Now we're going for the appraisal, and I already got conditions from underwriting... So Hopefully everything will go fine with appraisal and we can close this sooner!

Edit2: Appraisal came back fine, no repairs needed. Closing will be defined, probably in the next 2 weeks. (Very HAPPY!)

Message 132 of 138
chan85
Established Contributor

@chan85 wrote:

You guys don't know how long I have waited to post to this board! I contemplated waiting until AFTER I closed to post just because there have been soooo many speed bumps, but I have faith now that we are closing!

• Purchase Price: $95,000 (shortsale)
  • Property: Two Story Townhouse, 2b/2b, 2 car garage, unfinished basement, and fenced back yard!
  • Submitted offer on: 5/29/2012
  • Signed Purchased contract on : 5/31/2012
  • Bank Accepted Offer: 6/29/2012? sometime around then lol
  • Type of Loan: FHA- GA Dream Home Ownership Down Payment Assistance Program ($5k towards down payment/closing costs)
  • Loan Rate: 3.50%
  • Loan Application submitted:  4/15/2012
  • Loan approved: Preapproved 4/20/2012
  • Committment letter received on: 8/17/2012
  • Closing date: 8/27/2012 (after moving closing twice from 7/30 and 8/15!) 3PM!
  • Closed on: PendngHouse_Picture.jpg.jpg 

UPDATE: CLOSED YESTERDAY WITH NO PROBLEMS!!

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 133 of 138
indecison
Regular Contributor

Congrats!!!

Message 134 of 138
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE! We are approved by USDA and signing September 7th! It's been 3.25 months of waiting!!!
Message 135 of 138
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

@LondonMassey wrote:

Purchase Price:  $55,000

Property: Two Story  4 bedroom 2 1/5 bath built in 2006

Submitted offer on: 3/9/2012

Signed Purchased contract on : 3/14/2012

Type of Loan: FHA Loan Rate: 3.75%

Loan Application submitted:  2/6/2012

Loan approved:  Pre-approval completed 2/6/12, accepted through DU 6/9/12, meet with Lender 6/18/12 to get file sent to a human for review

Close on: 7/23/12 also waiting for bank written approval to sale

Ughhhhhhhh it's a short sale...

Congrats and may those babies of yours be completely tuckered out from running up and down those stairs all last night! May they always appreciate everything their Mom went thru and sacrificed for them to have this joy. Again....SINGLE MOMS ROCK!Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 136 of 138
yank1

hi, i read your journey towards homeownership and i have questions about GA Dream. was it difficult using Georgia Dream program, did the request a lot of document?

Message 137 of 138
chan85
Established Contributor

GA dream was good, I don't know if they ask for a lot of documents since I have nothing to compare it to, but I think it would probably be standard- w-2, pay stubs, bank statements, copies of taxes, stuff like that.
Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 138 of 138
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.