cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jumbo options with small down payments

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Regular Contributor

Jumbo options with small down payments

I'm hoping to get some advice on the best way to structure a loan.  I will be selling my current property after two years and relocating out of state.  I plan to purchase something around $600k-650k.  As with my first mortgage, I want to use my credit alone for the purchase.  My credit scores will all be fairly consistent between 715-721 after the payoff of some accounts is posted, according to the FICO simulator. 

Here's the ask:  I'm interested in putting as little down as possible.  What the best mortgage option to accomplish this given it will fall within the range of a non-conforming loan?  Should I look for an option that is structured as an 80/15/5 loan?  The only financier I have found that provides this flexibility is Compass Bank.  Are there others?  Or, are the others unlikely to accept a down payment that is less than 10-20%? 

Thanks in advance for your guidance and knowledge!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Valued Contributor

Re: Jumbo options with small down payments

My recommendation is to speak to credit unions. We are structuring a 480k mortgage. Although most of the credit unions we've spoken to only have 80/10/10 loan products, some also offer 80/15/5.

There are not many 80/15/5 products out there. From my shopping around, there have been 3 banks with them, and they've all been credit unions.

I hope this helps.
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 2 of 3
Regular Contributor

Re: Jumbo options with small down payments

Thanks!  This is helpful.  Would you mind sharing the names of the 3 credit unions you have found with 80/15/5 products?

If anyone knows of any others or differing options, I'd love to hear them.  Thanks!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.