cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

June 25, 2012- Short Sale Process Improved?

tag
chan85
Established Contributor

June 25, 2012- Short Sale Process Improved?

https://www.efanniemae.com/sf/guides/ssg/annltrs/pdf/2012/svc1207.pdf

So according to some digging I have been doing on short sales, there are some changes coming to the handling of short sales..... I was looking because the home I am going to look at this afternoon is a potential short sale and is through Chase so was just looking at peoples feedback on dealing with them.

Accoring to the link (not sure if I am breaking any rules by posting it but just wanted to reference it for those interested) , June 25th would be the effective date requireing 30 days response times for short sale offers and weekly feedback if there is a need to extend beyond the 30 days, but not to exceed 60 days. If I decide to make an offier, it sure would be nice for them to go ahead and start implementing this rule. :-) I mean, most lenders were rushing to implement the new collection limits for borrowers when they first came out a few months ago....

Any thoughts? I didnt see any mention of this when I was browsing through the forums so just wanted to touch on it...

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
seemund
Contributor

Re: June 25, 2012- Short Sale Process Improved?

I'm in a similar situation...

I've asked my LO yesterday about the changes, and he says that it will be a "paper only" change...

The way he explained it to me was: "It will take 30 days AFTER the bank receives the entire offer package, but what usually takes a long time is to GET the package together..." It will depend on the speed of lawyer, how qualified the owner is for the short sale, etc...

Bottom Line: He told me min. 3 months

Message 2 of 4
chan85
Established Contributor

Wow. So basically nothing will change..... Smiley Frustrated

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 3 of 4
seemund
Contributor

That's exactly what my Realtor/LO told me.

"It will change on the paper, in reality it will be almost the same"

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.