Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got denied from FGMC. :-(

tag
FrugalRican
Blogger

Re: Just got denied from FGMC. :-(

I know you love the house, but this might be a blessing in disguise.

You're asking lenders to approve you when apparently there are quite a few marks on your credit history, some even as recent as in the last year.

You should definitely take the time to take the information given to you by them and work on it so that this won't happen to you again, or in January, or whenever it is you are going to try again.

These forums provide a wealth of information so that this won't have to happen to you again. Best of luck! I'm sure if you miss out on this house, it's because there is one better out there for you.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 21 of 29
Booner72
Senior Contributor

No loan is ever a guarantee until it funds/closes.  SOME loan officers say anything to get you in, just hoping it will work out, but the underwriter has the final call.  If you aren't totally within the guidelines for approval, scores, DTI, credit history, then there is always room for something to go wrong.  Even if the credit part goes smoothly, the appraisal can come in low and ruin the deal, the inspection etc.

It's good to find this forum before starting the process to get ducks in a row.  Those, most of us find it after the fact!

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 22 of 29
mwmiller82
Contributor

Thanks guys for everything, I love this forum, you all have been a great help, and I believe it'll all will work out with patients!!! Again thank you all, I'll keep you all updated!!

Starting Score: TU527 EQ517 April 2012
Current Score: TU535 EQ540 May 2012
Current Score: TU631 EQ620 October 2012
Goal Score: 675

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@StartingOver10 wrote:

@jnkp2001 wrote:

just a quick question.   How can one be preapproved, under contract and be denied? 

This happens when a lender issues a pre-approval without looking at all of the buyer's documentation.  One example would be the buyer is self-employeed and gives the gross income to the lender when in fact the tax returns of the buyer reflect substantially less income due to business deductions. There are other reasons, but having less income or greater expenses is the typical reason for a buyer to get denied after having an "approval".

IMO it is irresponsible fo the lender to waste everyone's time and effort with a bogus "pre-approval". This is especially problemactic now with some of the large "big box" banks moving to a inefficient mortgage application model where the loan officer is really only an application taker - rather than a true loan officer. (Think Wells Fargo - a huge percentage of their pre-approvals never close IME.) Another abuser of this system is Quicken Loans.

Writing bogus pre-approvals is loan officer specific. In other words, a true professional loan officer will insist on all the appropriate paperwork before issuing a pre-approval. if your loan officer hasn't asked for documentation up front - run away. It puts the buyer in a bad position and it's not like the buyer is going to sneak past the underwriter!

This is what happened to us.  His exact words were "You are pre-approved with no problems.  You can go buy a house tomorrow."  I would have understood if it had been something he found that we didn't disclose, but the reasoning was not enough recent credit which he could clearly see from my report.

Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long did it take you to get a denial? Our info was sent to underwriting 7 business days ago, and I am still waiting to hear back.

Message 25 of 29
mwmiller82
Contributor

Great!!
It took 9 days.

Starting Score: TU527 EQ517 April 2012
Current Score: TU535 EQ540 May 2012
Current Score: TU631 EQ620 October 2012
Goal Score: 675

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 26 of 29
tech14891
New Visitor

yes i got denied from FGMC so be carful thy told us thy are with FHA but found out thy are not and i was preapproved for 100k loan  the home place we went to got a letter from them thy were not going to loan us any money and said thy wanted more paper work in sted this bank is crooked so watch out go trough FHA in sted no intrest loans from them thats what we are doing 90k loan for about 650 a month with no intrest

Message 27 of 29
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@tech14891 wrote:

yes i got denied from FGMC so be carful thy told us thy are with FHA but found out thy are not and i was preapproved for 100k loan  the home place we went to got a letter from them thy were not going to loan us any money and said thy wanted more paper work in sted this bank is crooked so watch out go trough FHA in sted no intrest loans from them thats what we are doing 90k loan for about 650 a month with no intrest

There is no such thing as a no interest mortgage issued by an institutional lender. Who are you using to get this no interest mortgage? I would be very cautious if your loan officer is claiming that the loan has no interest. First of all, FHA doesn't issue loans, lenders do. FHA insures the loan if it is approved FHA. Both the borrower and the property have to meet certain criteria to get an FHA loan.

Message 28 of 29
tech14891
New Visitor

yes that is true

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.