Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just signed my loan paperwork

tag
3Pelicans
Valued Member

Just signed my loan paperwork

So about a year ago I decided that I needed to do something about my credit and I found these forums.  I took everyone's advice from the rebuilding forum.  I sent good will letters on old paid debt, I offered PFD's for debt that wasn't paid yet, I applied for new credit, I kept my utilization down and in February pulled my score and it had risen from mid 500's to over 640.  640...that magic FHA number!  So I went through pre-approval and signed a contract on a house.  Luckily the sellers aren't in the best spot so they wanted a lot of time for closing which gave me even more time to fix old collections.  Today I was able to sign loan documents on a conventional mortgage! My score isn't perfect but I got it above 680 and my LO pulled it today and then called and said...your approved for conventional!!!! I have the 20% to put down and we are so ready for this next chapter.  After 20 years of renting and moving, after 10 years of facing my son's autism diagnosis...we are finally in a place where we can settle down.  Today is a great day...and I truly owe it to everyone on these forums.  My loan contingency is in early May and the sellers don't want to close until June so we have lots of time but for the first time I truly believe that we will own a house! Thank you!  I have probably faced every road block imaginable but these forums really helped me.  In just over 2 months I will be moving into a beautiful house and I have all of you to thank.   

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
credit-hunter
Frequent Contributor

Re: Just signed my loan paperwork

CONGRATS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILYSmiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
FSFdoppleganger
New Contributor

Congrats..that is indeed a great achievement!

Starting Score: TU 627 EQ 640 EX 641
Current Score: TU 730 EQ 758 EX 766
Goal Score: TU 750 EQ 800 EX 800
Lender Pull 4/7/14: TU 716 EQ 747 EX 760
"Whatever the mind of men can conceive and believe, it can achieve". Napoleon Hill
Message 3 of 5
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Thank your for sharing your hard-earned achievement. Congratulations and all the best in your new home.

Message 4 of 5
Mrs_hambright
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!! That's great news Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.