cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just sold a house but credit report shows I'm overdue on mortgage payments - Confused

tag
BridgetM
Valued Member

Just sold a house but credit report shows I'm overdue on mortgage payments - Confused

So, I just sold a house in April after making every mortgage payment on time during the six years I owned it. Now, my credit report is flagged that I'm past-due on my mortgage payments despite the description of the credit account stating that it's a closed, paid-off mortgage account.

Will this remedy itself or should I contest it?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just sold a house but credit report shows I'm overdue on mortgage payments - Confused

I am living a similar nightmare right now. I contested, sent proof of payments for each month the so-called- to-big-to-fail-bank said I missed. I also complained to the U.S. Office of Comptroller of Currency (although if your bank wasn't a BIG one, then the Fed will be able to direct your complaint). So far nothing has made a difference. I am 3 years into my fight! This has taken years off my life no doubt. I can't buy or rent anything! I have an average 700 score between the three agencies, make 50+ annual, and have a total debt ratio of only 38%, and can't buy, can't rent, and the city won't let me pitch a tent!

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just sold a house but credit report shows I'm overdue on mortgage payments - Confused

As an added bonus, the paid as agreed loan modification wasn't recorded, only the late payments on the mortgage.

Message 3 of 4
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

@BridgetM wrote:

So, I just sold a house in April after making every mortgage payment on time during the six years I owned it. Now, my credit report is flagged that I'm past-due on my mortgage payments despite the description of the credit account stating that it's a closed, paid-off mortgage account.

Will this remedy itself or should I contest it?

I wouldn't count on it taking care of itself.  You should find out when the title/escrow/closing attorney sent the wire to pay off your existing mortgage balance, exactly how much was sent, and what the exact payoff amount was.  If it was $0.01 short then it's the same as being a full payment past due, and so that could be one explanation why... also if you hadn't made your March payment yet and it was sold in April then that is a 30 day late as well.  I'd also call up your bank and ask why they are reporting you late, they should know.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.