Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LO calls me at 5 Guys lol

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

LO calls me at 5 Guys lol

They gave me a closing date - June 22, 2pm, providing Thur walk through has no surprises.  I'm out there almost everyday now so that is unlikely.  They are down to painting a few things and cleaning up.  Still lots to do but boss says he'll have it ready.

I was eating a burger at 5 Guys when my LO called.  Over these many weeks and months we have become friends.  I have not heard from her since I was handed off to UW.  My phone buzzed the table, I saw it was her and said-

" Alright this better not be a bunch of BS"

LMAO, now have I ever called you wanting something ""

" lol you know you have, and that guy y'all call the "processor" if a name ever fit his does"

" I just wanted to see how things were goin"

"

"They told me close on 22nd"

"I saw that, yhe gonna finish the house?"

"he says they will, but still lots to do.  I appreciate all your work on this."

"Anytime,  most fun I ever had on a loan lol, people tend to take the process seriously and get distraught"

well like I say in the mortgage business, no news is good news"

"I'm  gonna nail that on my wall, toooo funny.

Right so be good"

"

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: LO calls me at 5 Guys lol

So how was the burger? How much peanuts did you eat while you waited for the burger? Did you tell your lo that you want Five Guys to deliver goodies for your closing?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a good idea! Beats the heck outta peppermint things.

I did eat peanuts, burger was good too.

Lemme ask this ez, is it possible they will want me to walkthrough before the house is broom ready? I don't see how they finish painting the interior and clean up next 2 days. House is a mess right now.
Message 3 of 8
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
That's a good idea! Beats the heck outta peppermint things.

I did eat peanuts, burger was good too.

Lemme ask this ez, is it possible they will want me to walkthrough before the house is broom ready? I don't see how they finish painting the interior and clean up next 2 days. House is a mess right now.

The builder may very well ask you to do your final inspection before it is 100% ready for closing but you should decline. Stick to your guns and insist that the house be 100% complete before you would signoff on it. Cleaning can be done in a couple of hours but painting and such should be done 100%.

Message 4 of 8
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

yes.  the final walkthrough should be 100% complete (or at least just minor things).

when we did our final walkthrough, there were a couple of scratches on the stairs wood flooring.  but, since we were moving furniture in, we decided to add it to our 30-day touch up list....because we knew there would be some paint touching up that would need to be done after moving.   After 30-days, we gave them our list of things to fix, and they came in and did them all.

But, anything other than a paint chip of floor scratch was fixed BEFORE final walkthrough....and it had to be clean before final walkthrough.

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 5 of 8
sweetschuni
New Contributor

Great! Congrats on the close date Smiley Happy Gotta love 5 Guys, YUM! Smiley Happy

@Anonymous wrote:

They gave me a closing date - June 22, 2pm, providing Thur walk through has no surprises.  I'm out there almost everyday now so that is unlikely.  They are down to painting a few things and cleaning up.  Still lots to do but boss says he'll have it ready.

I was eating a burger at 5 Guys when my LO called.  Over these many weeks and months we have become friends.  I have not heard from her since I was handed off to UW.  My phone buzzed the table, I saw it was her and said-

" Alright this better not be a bunch of BS"

LMAO, now have I ever called you wanting something ""

" lol you know you have, and that guy y'all call the "processor" if a name ever fit his does"

" I just wanted to see how things were goin"

"

"They told me close on 22nd"

"I saw that, yhe gonna finish the house?"

"he says they will, but still lots to do.  I appreciate all your work on this."

"Anytime,  most fun I ever had on a loan lol, people tend to take the process seriously and get distraught"

well like I say in the mortgage business, no news is good news"

"I'm  gonna nail that on my wall, toooo funny.

Right so be good"

"

Licensed REALTOR in the state of Georgia - "Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing" Theodore Roosevelt

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

How's it looking, Bama?!

Message 7 of 8
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

BamaGuy,

Monday is signing day for you, right?!  Excited for you!!

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.