Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOE!

tag
MEE2Too
Valued Member

LOE!

My file is finally being processed in underwriting now and my LO emailed and told me to the underwriter wants a Letter of Explantion. I wrote it and emailed it back off to my LO and it was submitted today! I was wondering since they only asked for this one LOE is this all that I may need to make my final complete for a final approval or could ask for another LOE for something else? How long will it take for me to hear back about the Letter of Explanation, will I have to wait a whole 5 business days again for them to say if my letter was ok in order for me to continue to move forward?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: LOE!

Good question - I hope you hear back soon.

I read that LOE's are "just a formality"  yet an curious about advice from mortgage guru's on what works best in these letters.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 3
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: LOE!

You'd have to ask how long it'll take - it could just be a day or it could be several more days.  There is no standard as it depends on how busy the lender is and what their procedure is.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.