Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landlord Refusing Rental Verification

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Landlord Refusing Rental Verification

In July, our landlord (my husband's aunt) told us we had the option to buy the house we were living in from her OR she was going to have to raise our rent while she put it on the market for someone else to buy.  We decided to give our notice and immediately found a house we wanted to put an offer on.  Our offer was accepted, everything was going along swimmingly but our landlord has not been the easiest to work with since giving our notice.  Now we're in the position where the only thing between us and setting a closing date is getting the rental verification form filled out by her.  She's been uncharacteristically silent to all our chats, emails, calls and texts regarding this form.  The alternative of offering up 12 months of cancelled checks is unfortunately not an option because there were a couple months where we paid her cash.  Looking back on it, obviously it wasn't the wisest choice, but she's family and we never had any reason to believe we'd end up in the place we're at now.  We do have bank statements showing the cash withdrawals for the months where there isn't a cancelled check.  It feels so silly to have gone through all the hurdles and hoops to get to this point and then have a simple form be the one thing that's holding everything back.

What other options, if any, do we have at this point?  Is there an alternative to the verification form besides providing the cancelled checks?  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Landlord Refusing Rental Verification

try the bank statement route.

i am surprised the lender is even doing a vor from your husbands aunt. 

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Landlord Refusing Rental Verification

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:

try the bank statement route.

i am surprised the lender is even doing a vor from your husbands aunt. 

+1  Bank statements should suffice...

*edited.  Misread the original post the first time.. Doh.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.