Las Vegas New Build - Delays

tag
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Las Vegas New Build - Delays

@TXPocohontas wrote:

UPDATE:

As of November 29, 2022, I have finally closed on th house.  It took them 1 year 1 month and 6 days to build my house.

I am moved in and enjoying the house.

That's great....glad this finally wrapped up for you.

Message 11 of 17
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@TXPocohontas wrote:

UPDATE:

As of November 29, 2022, I have finally closed on th house.  It took them 1 year 1 month and 6 days to build my house.

Cheers you!

My own situation went pear shaped, maybe, possibly, will get first power to the building on the 20th of this month.

I'm not holding my breath, but no power = no finishing.  Allegedly I'm being told late January, but it is likely going to be February at the earliest even if the power gets put in as planned.  

Glad it finally worked out for you!

        
Message 12 of 17
TXPocohontas
Regular Contributor

@Revelate I am sorry to hear your news.  Couldn't they bring a generator in to continue working?  Just a thought.  I will keep you in my prayers for a fast yet quality finish my friend. 

Happy Holidays!  

Starting Fico 8 Score Dec 2019: 469 TU 501 EQ 453 EX
Current Score: 819 TU 795 EQ 796 EX
Goal Score: 820 Across the board
First Premier CL $600 BAL $0, Lane Bryant CL $750 BAL $0, Credit One AMEX CL $600 BAL $0, NFCU Visa CL $11,100 BAL $0, Capital One QuickSilver CL $2000 BAL $0,Capital One Savor CL $3000 BAL $0,Discover CL $10,000 BAL $0,Ashleys Homestore CL $3500 BAL $0,
Bobs Furniture AKA Wells Fargo CL $3100 BAL $0,LATE PAYS/COLLECTIONS/BANKRUPTCIES/CHARGEOFFS/JUDGEMENTS 0
Message 13 of 17
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@TXPocohontas wrote:

@Revelate I am sorry to hear your news.  Couldn't they bring a generator in to continue working?  Just a thought.  I will keep you in my prayers for a fast yet quality finish my friend. 

Happy Holidays!  

I'm sure there were multiple solutions but sadly for multi-unit dwelling playing with the energy company is sort of a requirement.

Likewise Happy Holidays!

        
Message 14 of 17
IamWesty12
Frequent Contributor

@TXPocohontas wrote:

UPDATE:

@TXPocohontas sorry I missed this!  What wonderful news that you were able to close and be in your new home for Christmas.  I can just imagine what happy memories you have already been part of so far.  Did you do any decorating with Christmas lights????  Congrats again, so happy to hear great things happening for all the great peeps on this forum.

Starting Score: 461
Current Score: 689
Goal Score: 775

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 17
TXPocohontas
Regular Contributor

@IamWesty12 Christmas was not as decorated as it normally would be.  We were too busy working, putting stuff away or putting together new furniture for the last 30 days.  Keep in mind that this is a 3 story house with no help from family. We did have Christmas dinner.  No tree this year, no presents for anyone.  However the future holidays will be decorated to the hilt.  Have a wonderful new year! 

Starting Fico 8 Score Dec 2019: 469 TU 501 EQ 453 EX
Current Score: 819 TU 795 EQ 796 EX
Goal Score: 820 Across the board
First Premier CL $600 BAL $0, Lane Bryant CL $750 BAL $0, Credit One AMEX CL $600 BAL $0, NFCU Visa CL $11,100 BAL $0, Capital One QuickSilver CL $2000 BAL $0,Capital One Savor CL $3000 BAL $0,Discover CL $10,000 BAL $0,Ashleys Homestore CL $3500 BAL $0,
Bobs Furniture AKA Wells Fargo CL $3100 BAL $0,LATE PAYS/COLLECTIONS/BANKRUPTCIES/CHARGEOFFS/JUDGEMENTS 0
Message 16 of 17
IamWesty12
Frequent Contributor

@TXPocohontas wrote:

@IamWesty12 Christmas was not as decorated as it normally would be.  We were too busy working, putting stuff away or putting together new furniture for the last 30 days.  Keep in mind that this is a 3 story house with no help from family. We did have Christmas dinner.  No tree this year, no presents for anyone.  However the future holidays will be decorated to the hilt.  Have a wonderful new year! 

@TXPocohontas the good news within this update is you have as much time as you need now since you are IN your home!  I hope the holiday season was special just the same!  You were very blesssed to be in your new home vs still waiting!! I guess I would tell my kids those were good problems to have!  Plus, you now have the next 10 months to plan for decorations for next year, lol!!!!  

Starting Score: 461
Current Score: 689
Goal Score: 775

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.