cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lates on Student Loans and Mortgage loan Chance!!!!!

tag
thross8512
New Contributor

Lates on Student Loans and Mortgage loan Chance!!!!!

Back in 2010 I had 6 month's of lates reporting on my reports.  I decided to dispute the lates because I was in forbeance at the time but they came back verified.

I spoke with a consumer advocate today and he told me that he could not remove the lates but because when I requested the forebance it was already reporting late.  He said I called to request in January 2011 and the representative backdated a foreberance for the ttime that is showing late so I would not have to pay penalties  but they couldn't change it on my credit reports.  He indicated to me that he would send me a letter stating that my loans were in foreberance during the 6 months it reported late in 2010.  My question is if he is willing to send me a letter stating that I was in forebearnace what is the difference from saying it was deferred to actually removing the lates from my report?  Could I send that letter to the credit bureaus and have them update my reports based on this letter?

I want to get a mortgage loan in the next 3 months but I fear this will hinder my chances.  Any advice or help you can give me would really be appreciated.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.