Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lender Down Payment Requirements with FICO Scores above 760

tag
tdr
Established Member

Lender Down Payment Requirements with FICO Scores above 760

Anybody have any experience with how much of a down payment is being required by most lenders with FICO scores above 760? (other than the usual 20% to eliminate PMI)

Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lender Down Payment Requirements with FICO Scores above 760

hi tdr,

I was pre-approved by BOA with the score of 812, and in the process of applying for a mortgage loan with only 10% down with BOA.  I've locked in the rate and they're processing my paper work, it's not finalized yet, but apparently they are interested to take a look.

From my own experience, if you also have a steady employeement and a long working history, that'll help quite a bit.

hope that helps

Message 2 of 5
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

Credit is only one part of the equasion - there is income - job history - assetts....

But to answer you rquestion FHA is 3.5% down

Conventional is 5% down (in a declining market they may need more)

Of course the more you have to put down the better it is (for the bank)

Brian

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on your post it sounds like you expect to put down at least 20% and are asking if banks are requiring more than this.  If I'm reading your post correctly, by putting down 20% and having a 760 credit score, assuming you have stable employment and your debt to income ratio won't be outrageous with this new loan I think you'll have lenders lining up to give you a loan.

Message 4 of 5
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Depends on loan amount & where you are buying.  $417k, you'll be fine for 20% down... For $5,000,000, you'll need much more than 20% down.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.