Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lender Simulator?

tag
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Lender Simulator?

I've found the accuracy to normally be within 10% of the expected result.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 11 of 28
Chitwngrl
New Contributor

Thanks Shane! I'm on pins and needles until I get the results next week. I'm at 627 and my broker's simulator predicted +27. 

Starting Score:EQ 653, TU 612, EX 618 (pulled by Mort Broker)
Current Score:EX643TU637EQ659
Goal Score: 700's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 28
physicist82
Regular Contributor

The report we got when our broker pulled had potential point amounts for the rapid rescore, but we can never get him to tell us what it says to do. He says he just goes by his knowledge from the past 20 years blah blah. However, whatever the rapid rescore would have told us when he pulled in May, we far exceeded it. Our Rapid rescore said +60 points for EQ and it went up 130. Our TU said +27 and it went up at least 50 and our EX only went up 15 even though it said +60.

I even straight out asked him once just to tell us what the rapid rescore advice was so we could continue to improve our score after being qualified and he said oh it never really gives very much info.

Message 13 of 28
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@physicist82 wrote:

The report we got when our broker pulled had potential point amounts for the rapid rescore, but we can never get him to tell us what it says to do. He says he just goes by his knowledge from the past 20 years blah blah. However, whatever the rapid rescore would have told us when he pulled in May, we far exceeded it. Our Rapid rescore said +60 points for EQ and it went up 130. Our TU said +27 and it went up at least 50 and our EX only went up 15 even though it said +60.

I even straight out asked him once just to tell us what the rapid rescore advice was so we could continue to improve our score after being qualified and he said oh it never really gives very much info.

Either the broker's statement is not true or he doesn't have a good simulator.  I was interest rate shoping with brokers so they were more specific with me "hold onto your money and don't continue to pay down accounts, that way if there is a specific account we need paid off, you'll be able to do it." Send the letter you got for your auto loan to CBAs and dispute charge off.  It's still showing charge off & your score will go up 60pt TU, 40Ex, etc."

Because I had a letter from my creditor that proved the charge off on my file was a mistake( I mistakenly believed the charge off wasn't on my record; because the lender sent the letter to me and the CBAs) my broker stated that disputing it directly with the CBAs would have a dramatic affect, I was advised to just save money.

Of course having researched and obtained all this information about debt , CL, I couldn't just not use the new information.  Thus I continued to pay off & down credit card accounts while I looked for my house.  I figured less debt wouldn't hurt.  After paying for my report on myFico and having access to myFICO, I discovered that I should have paid $6400 on an installment loan instead of paying off revolving balances.  

The handicap with the myFICO simulator is that it only tells you the affect of doing one thing, it doesn't allow multiple items at the same time.  I believe the lender's simulator allows for multiple events (i.e paying down revolving debt by 1K, installment by 3K, etc).

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Message 14 of 28
Chitwngrl
New Contributor

@ShanetheMortgageMan wrote:

I've found the accuracy to normally be within 10% of the expected result.

Shane! My rapid came back! You were right!!! THanks so much! Now we are going to UW today. LO said we should hear something by end of next week. 

Starting Score:EQ 653, TU 612, EX 618 (pulled by Mort Broker)
Current Score:EX643TU637EQ659
Goal Score: 700's

Message 15 of 28
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

I would really like my LO to do a simulation. She started off really great in the beginning but not so much anymore. I am in the home stretch and should close October/November. I would love to have someone do a simulation so I don't make a mistake and get the points I need.

Is there someone else I can contact?

Starting Score: FICO TU 591 FICO EX 581 FICO EQ 555
Current Score: FICO TU 662 FICO EX 652 FICO EQ 643
Goal Score: 700 CLUB

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge NFCU nRewards $20K Cap1 Secured $500 NFCU LOC $15K TJX $250 BOA $500
Message 16 of 28
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@fixmycred14 wrote:

I would really like my LO to do a simulation. She started off really great in the beginning but not so much anymore. I am in the home stretch and should close October/November. I would love to have someone do a simulation so I don't make a mistake and get the points I need.

Is there someone else I can contact?

I'm not an expert, but I believe the simulation is based on the credit report & FICO score they received when they pulled your Trimerge.  The further you get from when they pulled the report, the less accurate the simulation would be.  In addition, they wouldn't want to keep doing hard pulls on your report (which will affect your FICO score) just to give you a new and more accurate simulation.

My advise is that if your loan is that far off, pay for your score here on myFICO, so you can have access to the simulator. Utilize the simulator, for the 30 days that you have access, and trust that if what you're doing affects your FICO 08 score, it also affects your FICO 04.  Test the different ideas you're considering (i.e paying down revolving balances, paying down installment loans) and note the cut off point that each area shows a possitive impact.  For instance, I can pay my revolving balance down to zero, but FICO simulator doesn't show any possitive affect toward my score.  However, if I pay  $6425 toward my student loans, I get a boost.  

Make sure and note the balances the Simulator states that you have in each area, because it may not be counting your recent payments.

Message 17 of 28
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

Oh I see...I didn't know that's how it works. I have a myfico subscription. How do I access the simulator?

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge NFCU nRewards $20K Cap1 Secured $500 NFCU LOC $15K TJX $250 BOA $500
Message 18 of 28
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

@bdhu2001 --

I found the simulator for TU and EX under my myfico subscription. The best course of action suggested is to reduce my total revolving balance. Thanks for helping!

Message 19 of 28
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@fixmycred14 wrote:

Oh I see...I didn't know that's how it works. I have a myfico subscription. How do I access the simulator?

Click My Account at the top right hand corner and scroll down until you see "Tools and Resources" (it's under the big "Shop Now" orange button); select "FICO score simulator."

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.