cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lender can't pull one of our credit reports, but the credit agency says there isn't any problems?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lender can't pull one of our credit reports, but the credit agency says there isn't any problems?

Hello, I need some advice. We're in the middle of the mortgage process and we were just informed that our lender (bank) can't pull one of our credit reports from Equifax. They said it was because of a security freeze. We've never initiated a security freeze, but we figured we'd check. I called the credit agency and they state there is no freeze or any visible reason why the report can't be pulled. We are also able to pull the report ourselves from the annualcreditreport website with no issues. Does anyone have advice on how to deal with this situation? Things to try? Ways to get the lender the report? It's very frustrating and we're worried about getting the application approved in our tight time frame.

Any help would be appreciated!

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lender can't pull one of our credit reports, but the credit agency says there isn't any problems

Maybe there is a glitch in the lender's system? Maybe they forgot to pay their bill this month. Smiley LOL

Message 2 of 7
dt3813
Regular Contributor

Re: Lender can't pull one of our credit reports, but the credit agency says there isn't any problems

This happened to me too. Everyone said there wasn't a problem. They tried to blame it on the lender. It's because my file was too large. It was very difficult to get equifax to fix it. You have to escalate it and hope you find someone who can figure it out. Good luck.

Discharged Ch.13 6/24/15
Scores on discharge EQ669 TU650 EX654
current scores EQ776 TU775 EX758
WF $2500 WF $3000 Discover $6000 Target $1200 Amazon $5000 Jcrew $5250 Lowes $8300 Tjmaxx $5000 Cap1 $14750 venture $25500 jetBlue $21000 pier1 $5000 Amex $10000x2 AMEX $21,000 BoA$8000 CitiDC$8000

Message 3 of 7
kc0039
Established Contributor

What program? Conventional guidelines will take it as long as you have two scores and the lower score is 620. FHA/VA in investors will take it, but will have to use the lower number.

Licensed in IL
Message 4 of 7
shmacckk
Regular Contributor

Wow we are going through the same thing with Equifax. NFCU can not get equifax report or score on my wife. Myself is fine all three scores my wife all but Equifax. We have been on the phone for days with these people and they are clueless. I know there is something wrong because my wife can not lock or unlock her report or file online disputes on equifax.com but I can no problem on my account. Also all credit monitoring we have through sites like credit check total have emailed us saying equifax will not let them monitor the reports so something is up.

Im going to lose getting our second home becasue of this. We have no freeze or locks on our report. They tell us there is nothing wrong but Navy has pulled 3 times and still cant get my wife equifax report to pull. Good luck getting anyone who speaks english or knows what they are doing at equifax to help.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Something is def up with equifax bc when I tried to pull my husbands report from their website the security questions it asked did not pertain to my husband at all! This has happened every time I've tried to pull his report within the last 2 weeks from equifax.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG this happen to us in Februay and it was Equifax too.  Equifax didn't like the address the lender was associating with us when they ran the report.  We sold our house and moved in with our parents until our new house was complete, so when we filled out the mortgage app we used our parents address.  The lender kept telling us we had a block on our report/ security freeze and we almost selected another lender because of this.  It wasn't until our lender entered our prior address to the house we sold that are report pulled up.  Hope this helps!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.