Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let get this home building on the way

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let get this home building on the way

Well we officially laid down our deposit today and secured our lot. Tomorrow we finalize the paperwork. We then have 2 weeks to make changes before construction begins. We will be choosing between Guaranteed Rate and their lender. Leaning towards theirs right now due to closing cost assistance that is offered. Spent a little more than anticipated but we are getting the house we both wanted.
Message 1 of 277
276 REPLIES 276
ALHondaGuy
Contributor

Re: Let get this home building on the way

Congratulations!!!

Did the same thing two weeks ago. Meeting with the "designer" was yesterday. Race you to the finish line? :-)

Message 2 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm there with you all! Signed contract on February 18th, and made design choices on March 11th. We are in Phase 1 of the development with only about 5 families currently living there. Construction is set to start in May for us with closing currently scheduled for August 31. 

I'll also add that we did not go overboard with our design choices, and we still have a $3K credit to use. Our pre-construction meeting is supposed to happen in April, and at that time we will use our credit to add extra cable lines and outlets. 

Congrats to you both!!

Message 3 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

Our home is well under construction and the drywall was just installed last week. Congrats to you all!
Message 4 of 277
ucdcrew
Contributor

Me too!  Had design meeting last week, preconstruction on Monday.  Right now my home is just a hole in the ground for the footings.

Message 5 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome, looking forward to seeing the house grow. We went with a smaller home than our last house but really let loose on the options. We will have one the few basement houses in the the neighborhood so despite starting with the smaller house the finished square footage will be a bit higher than the biggest. We are expecting a late August finish as well.
Message 6 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

Their lender is also offering a free 90 day rate lock and with the way rates have been lately thats a nice warm security blanket lol
Message 7 of 277
dragonfly66
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!!! I did the exact same thing a couple of weeks ago.  Signed a contract and paid my deposit.  Just had my design appointment this past Thursday.  I'm using the captive lender to take advantage of the closing cost assistance they provide.  I can't wait for them to begin construction.  I keep driving by the lot hoping that they've at least broken ground but, so far, nothing.  They say they are aiming for a late July closing, but I have a feeling it may push into August because that would seem kind of fast at this point.

Current - FICO 3/2019: EX(753); EQ(763); TU(749)
Beginning - FICO 7/2014: EX(630); EQ(608); TU(581)
Credit: Wells Fargo Home Projects Charge Card ($7,800); Wells Fargo Home Rebate Visa ($4,000); Capital One Quicksilver ($10,000); Capital One Venture ($6,000); Discover it ($7,900); Macy's ($20,000); BrandsMart ($4,000); Banana Republic ($1,200); Lowes ($12,000); Amex Everyday ($30,000); Macy's Amex ($15,000); Amex Platinum (NPSL); Citi Diamond Preferred ($9,000); Chase Freedom ($9,000); Wells Fargo Outdoor Solutions ($10,000); SunTrust HELOC ($25,000)
Message 8 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Our home is well under construction and the drywall was just installed last week. Congrats to you all!

They are drywalling my new place as well!  I stopped by Saturday and they looked to be almost done already.  Brick was delivered and sitting out front.  So bricking starts this week!!!

Message 9 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

I cannot wait until I'm at that point. Foundation has not been poured yet for ours. We are moving into our rain season, so I'm sure that may have a delay on things. 

This process is like being a kid again waiting for Christmas!

Message 10 of 277
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.