Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let get this home building on the way

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Let get this home building on the way

Scheduled our pre construction meeting today. Still anxiously awaiting underwriting to provide approval.
Message 41 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 42 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tentative dates communicated:  walk through: May 16  closing: May 23

Message 43 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Tentative dates communicated:  walk through: May 16  closing: May 23

Go Junie!! So excited for you. 

We have an appointment on Saturday to sit down with the builder and lender to finalize floor plans and costs. So when we walk away on Friday, we should have an updated Loan Estimate.

We aren't going to underwriting until June according to the lender. I keep checking the state website that gives updates on permit approvals, and ours is not yet approved. I'm assuming this means they can't pour foundation until then?  

Message 44 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah the permit is needed to pour.   When mine were approved, they graded and we were off and running.  One day the lot was graded, the next they were framing for the foundation.  It was VERY quick at least with my builder. 

I don't get why no UW until June though.  Thats weird to me.  I was in UW my first week of making loan app.  Of course I just went through it again but with new construction I think thats normal.

Message 45 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I'm explaining it wrong lol. 

We originally applied with my husband only, and underwriting gave him a "Refer" because his DTI was 55%. The lender then recommended I be added to the loan, but I have some things to take care with my credit. 

Just like you, our reports will expire. So the next hard pull will come in June, where we will also lock our rate in. Soft pull will be seven days before closing. 

Message 46 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well got conditional approval today! They didn't need much. Wanted LoE for my my last house, why no payments showed for the year before it sold. Pretty simple, after the discharge Wells Fargo didn't report payments. Then they needed closing disclosure to confirm house was not a short sale. Already sent both back in, processor says should have full approval early next week.
Message 47 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

Had our meeting to finalize our floorplan today. Was told construction timelines are moving ahead of schedule, so our construction is set to start in 2 weeks!

I also asked about the pre-construction meeting, and apparently with this builder, it's common to lay the footers and pour the foundation slab before having the pre-construction meeting. 

We are looking at mid to late August for closing! The builder told us the houses that were just framed last month will be finished in 75 days! That is sooo fast!

Message 48 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

Full approval today, pre construction meeting in the morning. Can't wait to get rolling
Message 49 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

Y'all the mortgage company contacted my insurance today to get the binder!!!!!  This is REAL!

Message 50 of 277
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.