Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let get this home building on the way

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Let get this home building on the way

@Anonymous wrote:

Just scheduled our pre-construction meeting. We're set for May 18th. 

Also asked about our permits, and the guy that pulls the permits has not given anyone an update on the status. I'll take the victory in having the pre-construction meeting scheduled. 

For those of you who've been through it already, how long is the meeting? What will be discussing? Want to make sure I have my questions ready lol. 

For me it was about an hour.   He laid out the plans and we went through the particulars; confirming certain things.  Important before they pour the foundation for example I had paid for a bricked front and back porch so they pour differently for things like that.

Then we drove over to my lot and just answered any questions I had about property lines.

Message 81 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally some progress on the home front. They got the footers poured this morning. Basement wall forms are on site, bad news is rain expected for next few days so probably next week before that takes place. Its cool to get idea of foot print.FB_IMG_1494455389518.jpg

Message 82 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well decided to lock rate today. Still working an angle with mortgage company so might get it a little lower. Currently sitting at 4.125. My back up lender is qouting me 3.875. trying to leverage the lower rate to get the builder financer to come down. Will let you know how that goes
Message 83 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Well decided to lock rate today. Still working an angle with mortgage company so might get it a little lower. Currently sitting at 4.125. My back up lender is qouting me 3.875. trying to leverage the lower rate to get the builder financer to come down. Will let you know how that goes

You locked already???  How long is the lock for?  I didnt lock until my construction manager had a level of confidence the completion date was pretty solid.  If the rate expires you have to pay to extend it.  I did a 60 day but that was 3 weeks out from my estimated completion just in case we had some crazy weather or circumstance that could possibly delay.

Message 84 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get a free 94 day lock from lender. Takes us 2 weeks past estimated completion date.
Message 85 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great news Dvasil!! So exciting! 

Good news for me..my mid mortgage score is now at 616! I've already emailed our lender and got a reponse from her as well. This is the best Mother's Day present so far Smiley Very Happy When we applied for the mortgage back in February, my mid score was 547, so this is huge! We're going FHA, so I needed a 580 minimum. 

No updates on the status of the house. I'm hoping there will be an update when we go for our pre-construction meeting on Thursday. 

Message 86 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

Took the family by the house today to check on progress from the end of the week. We officially have basement walls! This week has no forcasted rain so hopefully lots of progress will be made. Waterproofing barrier is next step, folloed by backfill. Hopefully by then lumber will have arrived and they can go to town framing. As always stay tuned for updates. Also should hear from mortgage provider about offering a competitive rate against the lower rate i am being qouted from my original lender. Should be an interesting week.

FB_IMG_1494816063962.jpgFB_IMG_1494816076594.jpgFB_IMG_1494816082934.jpgFB_IMG_1494816087665.jpg

Message 87 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome progress Dvasil!! 

Message 88 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

Victory! Spoke with lender today and I am getting the lower rate! That will be a substantial savings over the loan term. Other good news is our lumber has arrived. They have started the backfill so we should be on track for framing by Monday.

FB_IMG_1495061555428.jpgFB_IMG_1495061566394.jpgFB_IMG_1495061571558.jpgFB_IMG_1495061587720.jpg

Message 89 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking good Dvasil!!

Our pre-construction meeting tomorrow morning has been cancelled. Smiley Mad

The construction manager said they are having issues with the city in getting our permits approved. I told him we were expecting the home to be ready in August, and he said it may be October now. Smiley Frustrated

We've been told we should have an idea on what's going on with the permits over the next two weeks. I'm a little annoyed to say the least. Going from August to October is a BIG difference. 

Message 90 of 277
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.