Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let get this home building on the way

tag
Spider07
Regular Contributor

Re: Let get this home building on the way

Thanks, we are very happy with the way it has come together for sure.  And as far as getting close, who knows.. builder won't give us any up dates on the expected closing date.  They are still claiming it will be in October.  I don't know what they would be doing until October, the house is pretty much done, except the applicances, carpet, touch ups and second coat of paint.  The builder says that won't give us any updates until they are certain they can close in 30 days.  We could get that notice today or next month, so we are just rolling with the flow. 

Message 251 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

Today is framing day!! I cannot wait to visit when I get off of work to see the progress. There's no rain in the forecast until Friday evening, and that's scattered showers, so I don't think there will be any delays. We also know that the electrician will be there during the week of August 28th. 

Spider, that's crazy your builder can't be more specific with you on the timeframe. Right now our builder is saying we should be closing within the last two weeks of October. But we also know that during the pre-drywall meeting is when we will get our official closing date, which is also communicated with the title company. Our builder also uses that date to give the buyers a signal that it's time to put in your notice with your landlord if you haven't done so already. 

After the framing, windows, brick/siding, and electrical rough-ins are done, I'm assuming that's when the pre-drywall will be correct? 

Message 252 of 277
Spider07
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Today is framing day!! I cannot wait to visit when I get off of work to see the progress. There's no rain in the forecast until Friday evening, and that's scattered showers, so I don't think there will be any delays. We also know that the electrician will be there during the week of August 28th. 

Spider, that's crazy your builder can't be more specific with you on the timeframe. Right now our builder is saying we should be closing within the last two weeks of October. But we also know that during the pre-drywall meeting is when we will get our official closing date, which is also communicated with the title company. Our builder also uses that date to give the buyers a signal that it's time to put in your notice with your landlord if you haven't done so already. 

After the framing, windows, brick/siding, and electrical rough-ins are done, I'm assuming that's when the pre-drywall will be correct? 

I agree, but I am tired of arguing with them, even had my realtor reach out to them and she got the same response.  Anyway,  the pre drywall will come after all the "guts" of the house are complete and inspected.  The electrical, plumbing, strick plates, etc have all been put in and inspected and is ready to go. The outside of the house shouldn't have anything to do with the pre drywall.  the will have to have the house completely framed and the sheathing installed at aleast and usually the water heaters and AC stuff is done in the attic area as well before they will do the dry wall meeting.  

Message 253 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

That makes sense. Hopefully, we can meet with the electrical company this week to finalize the outlets and request any addiitonal outlets if necessary. 

I've been tracking the progess of the other homes in the development, and the ones who haven't had delays are all on track so hopefully it's the same for ours. 

Message 254 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

The lender called yesterday with our close date! October 27!! The plan is to pull our credit again the second week of September and lock the rate in. 

Framing started yesterday. I'll share a picture once the entire structure is up. 

Message 255 of 277
Spider07
Regular Contributor

Congratulations and good luck!!  I find it funny that your house is just starting the framing process and you will close about a week after I do it appears.  My builder has slowed to a crawl.  They say in the beginning that it takes them 6-8 months to complete construction, and it seems they are going to use every day of that 8 month window.  

Message 256 of 277
ucdcrew
Contributor

I had my final walkthrough today!  Everything looked good.

Message 257 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh wow Spider. I guess the silver lining is that we can be closing buddies Smiley Wink

Ours is a townhome so our timeframe was always 3-4 months for completion. If you remember, when we signed our contract in February, we were told we would be able to take delivery of the home in mid-August/September at the latest. So I share sympathy with you on these delays. I'm just excited that something is happening now. I've been keeping track with how quick the other homes are being built. It seems once the house is framed, everything moves quick with these guys. 

When I visited on Tuesday, the surroundings for the basement level were all there. Our basement is above ground level, and it will be a 4-story house (3 levels w/loft). I'm planning to stop past after work today to see where they are in the process. 

Message 258 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well we officially unpacked the last few boxes yesterday. We are all settled in. I have done a lot of projects around the house already. We badly need to put some paint in the main living areas as this Builders stuff scuffs when you look at it wrong lol. Go back to work on Monday and I joked with my wife that it will be my first day of vacation. I will get some pictures up soon
Message 259 of 277
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alright as promised here are some pictures!

Exterior shot, we have swapped entire house to LED bulbs

FB_IMG_1503155133773.jpgFB_IMG_1503155100848.jpgFB_IMG_1503155195353.jpgFB_IMG_1503155216937.jpgFB_IMG_1503155231229.jpgFB_IMG_1503155275593.jpgFB_IMG_1503155281112.jpg

Message 260 of 277
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.