Well we finalized our options and colors today. We decided to pay cash to add hardwood to entire main level (5k seemed like a decent deal IMO) we didn't want to worry about appraisal issues so we decided to pay this chunk our selves. Now nothing left to do but wait for permits to come in and for approval from LO.
Excellent! That's what I'm waiting on also.
Where is everyone at in their process? Any updates?
I sent an email to the builder's agent yesterday to see when we should expect to have our pre-construction meeting. We then have to finalize the floorplan. I drove by the lot yesterday and all the dirt and debris had been cleared. As far as we know construction is still set to start in May.
Drove by yesterday to show a coworker as we were on our way to lunch. The dudes were there putting in the cabinetry throughout!!! Walls are painted and the flooring is supposed to be started this week too (have to wait until after cabinets are all in).
Brick is COMPLETE including my 2 porches which I paid to have bricked instead of just concrete slab.
Lender has reached out; about to order appraisal and asked for updated statements etc per expected. Waiting on construction manager to give me a pre date for walk through so lender can determine when I should lock. Pulling credit again today (set to expire on the 14th) as my mortgage scores are all over 700 according to myFico so hopefully this translates into a little better rate!
They still haven't even graded my lot yet. I have a feeling they won't have the house done in time for an end of July closing.