Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let the fun begin!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let the fun begin!

Spoke to my lender and went over everything.  I was going to wait till December to start the mortgage application for two reasons: working on scores to go up and also using a bonus for downpayment.  Scores have gone up recently and last time I checked my medium mortgage score sat at 691.  Of course, I also have few inquiries as I opened new credit cards with the most recent one being Venture card last month.  I went over all this with lender and he simply said that was no issue.  He said it was go time!  So I pulled the plug and submitted everything today.  Within one mile radious from where I am renting homes go from 200k to 1mil+.  The market here is crazy and ltos of bidding wars going on.  This will probably be a big issue for me. 

Asking for 350k, but if I can find home in the 200k range then I am jumping all over that deal!  My lease is up in August so I hope timing works out for me. 

Ok.....it's five o'clock somewehere, right?!? Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Re: Let the fun begin!

congratulations!!!

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 2 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats... Will be following thread for updatesSmiley Happy

Message 3 of 37
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Most excellent Bananas!  Likewise will be following with interest.

        
Message 4 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, everyone!  My lender left out of town (I knew about this so no issues with me), but nothing from him and he is the type that if there was something off or missing he would have sent me text.  Last night had my first MyFico dream LOL

Message 5 of 37
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

just wait until you start having the house nightmares.  LOL  Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

i had a dream during my mortgage process where i was standing outside the dining room window watching another family gather for dinner.  they saw me and started waving.  it seemed so real.

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 6 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Frugal-  NO!  Mine was about my scores.  They were changing every hour and I was getting bombarded by MyFico with alerts and of course I was stressing that I was not going to be able to go through the process.  Good times!

Message 7 of 37
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Frugal-  NO!  Mine was about my scores.  They were changing every hour and I was getting bombarded by MyFico with alerts and of course I was stressing that I was not going to be able to go through the process.  Good times!

*chuckle* if mortgage qualification wasn't part of the dream, I suspect many people at MF would've considered getting tons of alerts a happy dream Smiley Tongue.

(Reference to another board here where there's been a number of complaints of slow / missing updates... I just realized I wasn't ever getting balance updates on my installment loans, weaksauce).

        
Message 8 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:  my mortgage scores are 691, 700, 701    So scores did go up since last time I checked.  They went up quite a bit actually!

Message 9 of 37
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Update:  my mortgage scores are 691, 700, 701    So scores did go up since last time I checked.  They went up quite a bit actually!

700 is a tier boundary for virtually everyone, which actually matters. Smiley Happy  Nicely done!

        
Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.