Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loan Denied

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Loan Denied

1 day before closing and get a call from my brokers processor saying my loan was denied because 07 taxes did not comeback same as what was pulled from IRS.Is there any thing i can do to salvage this loan.Also put down 2000 in earnest money do I get that back.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Loan Denied

I'm SO sorry to hear that. I'm going through something similar. My realtor said that if I wasn't able to qualify for the loan, I do get the earnest $$ back because it's written in the contract that way. Is one of your conditions being able to get qualified?

Also, is there anything the LO can do? Can you call another LO? I feel for you and sending good thoughts your way.

Karen

Message 2 of 12
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
1 day before closing and get a call from my brokers processor saying my loan was denied because 07 taxes did not comeback same as what was pulled from IRS.Is there any thing i can do to salvage this loan.Also put down 2000 in earnest money do I get that back.

Why did your tax returns that you provided not match the IRS? 

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

what? they are going to pull tax returns when you apply for a mortgage.....i am meeting my LO on monday and he said nothing about bringing in tax returns. Should I take them? I have been paid w-2 forever. 
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never had to provide tax returns, but I DID -- in the first batch of paperwork supplied by my loan broker along with the loan application -- sign a release allowing him to request them from the IRS. Seems to me like some of these loan officers are asking you to do their work for them (on the other hand, it's common practice to make a copy of your tax returns before sending them off, then keeping them on file for a few years).

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

yup they asked for hubby's as well and they compared them to the ones they got from the IRS making sure everything matched so to speak.they have to verify you are who u say you are and that you haven t lied about your income?!... that's what i was thinking.
Message 6 of 12
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

The reason they have you sign the release is for auditing purposes.  They may request verification from the IRS regarding the your taxes.  If the IRS printout does not match what you provided then it becomes a big problem.  The W-2's and tax returns provided should be exactly what the IRS has.  If, for some reason, you amend your tax returns during the loan process then you need to provide your LO a copy of the amended return. 

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

so it is a  "they may" request this, not a "they will" request this?
Message 8 of 12
rockymtngrl
Frequent Contributor

I've talked to about half a dozen loan officers and they have all said its standard practice these days to request transripts from the IRS.
Message 9 of 12
Established Member

I am applying for home loan in my name alone.  However, my husband and I file our taxes together.

The transcript would be joint income.  How would that work with the mortgage approval?

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.