Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loan Modification - need some clarification

tag
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Loan Modification - need some clarification

Hey all,

So last year I went through the loan modification trials and was ultimately approved for the mod. It took me from like Feb - Nov to complete the paperwork, trial payments, etc.

Does anyone know how the payment history is supposed to be reflected?

The mortgage was listed as IIB during ch13 and I started the mod before the ch13 was discharged.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Loan Modification - need some clarification

In my experience, once a debt is included in a Ch 13 BK, your mortgage company won't update any more activity to the credit bureaus.  Any verification of your payments will be via the payment history ledger that your mortgage company will provide.

If you are paying the mortgage outside of the Ch 13 BK and if you were current at the time you started the loan modification then your mortgage lender should report you on time as long as the terms of the modification are met, but the loan usually will mention it's under a modified payment agreement.  If you were already past due at the time the loan modification begun then lenders can report you late to the credit bureaus, but no more severe than the loan was at the time the modification begun.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 3
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Re: Loan Modification - need some clarification

So here's the rub,

I filed 2/2017, account was noted as IIB yet they updated my report with 90-day lates in 2018.

2023-03-13 14_36_49-Window.png

This is only probably hurting me during a manual review, but they ARE almost 5 years old now.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.