cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loan Modification- when will my score update?

tag
newmom24
Regular Contributor

Loan Modification- when will my score update?

Hello-
I purchased my home in 2009. In 2013 I rented it out. Within 6 months the tenant stopped paying. I was unable to make the payment. The loan was moved to foreclosure. After nearly two years of going back and forth with Bank of America I was given a loan modification. It has been two months now and my scores still show past due 120+ days. How long does it typically take for then Bank to update the credit report?

Starting Score: 474
Current Score: 583
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
wmweeza
Established Contributor

Re: Loan Modification- when will my score update?

They typically fall off after 7 years, though I don't know if payment or modification can make a difference

Last App 10/14. FICO's: AMEX Ex 846, BarclayTU08 815.FAKOs:CreditKarma 775,CS score 771.BofA 5400,Target $5000,Barnes $8500,Amex $22k
Message 2 of 4
newmom24
Regular Contributor

Thank you for the reply. I wasn't clear in my post. I'm asking about the current reporting. How long does it take for the bank to update the payment history? I have over a year of on time payments now. The modification was made final 2/2017. Yet my credit shows 120 days past due - last updated 3/2016. That was prior to me getting the trial modification.

Starting Score: 474
Current Score: 583
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Report shows the longest deliquency not the current status
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.