Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loan Modification?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Loan Modification?

Hello, I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on going about trying to get your loan modified? Are there any ways besides the standard criteria, of getting your PMI removed or something? I just need a little bit of help ...nothing MAJOR. My mortgage was with GMAC, but they sold it to Nationstar, as of Jan 1st.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Loan Modification?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello, I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on going about trying to get your loan modified? Are there any ways besides the standard criteria, of getting your PMI removed or something? I just need a little bit of help ...nothing MAJOR. My mortgage was with GMAC, but they sold it to Nationstar, as of Jan 1st.

I recommend that you visit Loansafe.org to read about how some people have gone about getting their loan modifications.  There might be some information specific to Nationstar.  There definitely are stories about dealing with GMAC.

Some lenders will not consider modification unless you are actually behind in your payments.  This is NOT a hard and fast rule; there are definitely some lenders who will modify a loan that is not in arrears if the conditions are right.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.