Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loan Officer not responding???

tag
cocomadd
Regular Contributor

Loan Officer not responding???

So, last Friday the LO pulled my credit and said it was good for USDA (over 660's).  He asked that I forward all the paperwork, paystubs, bank statements, etc...which I did on the same day and also sent additional information the next day that I didn't send with the first email. 

Well he has not contacted me since its been a week.  Never acknowledged receiving the initial emails.   Today I sent him a simple email he could respond to in 2 seconds, simply asked to know the status of the application....that was at 10:00am today now it is after 2:30, still no response. 

Is this normal?

Thanks!

Exp/647-Fako
EQ/629-Fico
Trans/656-Fako
NEW SCORES
EX/665
EQ/642
Trans/656 Fako

This is new to me but I will take the 750+ challenge! Goal by May 2014
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
adymax
Contributor

Re: Loan Officer not responding???

Run ...run as fas as you can. I'll never go with this LO unless he never got your emails. Did you call?

Message 2 of 19
cocomadd
Regular Contributor

No I didn't call because I do not want to come off as desperate then maybe he'll jack up my rate or something.   I want to use him because he knows USDA very well and there have been some changes and deadlines coming up with USDA....but am beginning to think he isn't providing good service to me....I feel like I am just a number.

Exp/647-Fako
EQ/629-Fico
Trans/656-Fako
NEW SCORES
EX/665
EQ/642
Trans/656 Fako

Message 3 of 19
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

He could've died?  Been fired?  Had a family emergency?  It's always best to call, perhaps you can speak to a co-worker who can let you know if he's been out of the office, etc.  However if he's been in the office then there better be a good explanation on why he hasn't at least responded to your emails, and if not, then you probably want to find someone new.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 4 of 19
accidentalpancake
Regular Contributor

Get a new lender. Now.

FICO as of Feb 2017:
EQ 712 | 728 TU | 713 EX
Message 5 of 19
cocomadd
Regular Contributor

OK.  I called him, he said they have been slammed and that everything looks good .  He also said that he will send me disclosures on Monday electronically....whatever that means???  He did sound busy.   Thoughts?

Exp/647-Fako
EQ/629-Fico
Trans/656-Fako
NEW SCORES
EX/665
EQ/642
Trans/656 Fako

Message 6 of 19
ComputerWizMaster
New Contributor

If that is his reason I would agree with everyone above. Run...

You need things in a timely manner in Real Estate. If he is too busy now before the real work has begun you are only looking at problems caused by delays later.

Unless you have a real good reason to stick around. I would bail and find a new LO.

Feb. 2012: TU: 677 EQ: 647 EX: 666
Aug. 2013: TU: 729 EQ: 726 EX: 697
Goal 2013+: 720+ All Three
Message 7 of 19
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

I agree run away, he should have atleast emailed you back at some point..

Message 8 of 19
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@tooleman694 wrote:

I agree run away, he should have atleast emailed you back at some point..

Yeah. How long and how much effort does it take to click "reply" and type, "Got your email. I'll respond shortly." If he can't do that, then he's likely to be a nightmare to deal with when you really, really need someone to be on top of things.

Message 9 of 19
newhouse2013
Regular Contributor

@cocomadd wrote:

OK.  I called him, he said they have been slammed and that everything looks good .  He also said that he will send me disclosures on Monday electronically....whatever that means???  He did sound busy.   Thoughts?

Sorry but his job is demanding so he is probably busy more times than not and that means he isn't good at time management. I don't care how busy he is....if it's been a week and you had to reach out to him to get one sentence status update out of him then that is not a good sign of things to come. 

Starting Score: 529
Current Score: EQF 643, TU 677 EXP 631,Lender Pulled Aug 2, 2013 EX 665, TU 664 and EQF 643
Goal Score: 701

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.