cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local bank branch does not want my business.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Local bank branch does not want my business.

I called a bank and asked to speak to a loan officer about opening a loan today. I was ready and wanted to do it right now. But I was told it would be better for me to call the 800 number and apply and open a loan there. I'm from the old school where you go in to a bank to open a loan and accounts. Is this the new way to do banking.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Local bank branch does not want my business.

Opened my CU accounts online - just had to walk-in copies of my DL and SS card and do their signature card.  Same for adding a joint account wher I bank - not even my paperwork, just DH's (and getting him in there was hard!) to do the card.
Message 2 of 5
wrw0010
New Contributor

They probably just don't take loan applications over the phone except at their 800 number. You can still go to the bank and get a loan.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bfs (business for self)  can be a tricky thing, not all lenders do loans for bfs. 
In most cases you have to provide proof that you have been in business for at least one year, with verifiable income, if possible 12 months bank statement and 2years of taxes returns.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never said anything to the bank except myself. I called them to verify there would be a loan officer to help me if I were going to drive all the way out there. Instead they told me not to come to the branch. I called the 800 number to apply and they gave me wrong info so I packed up my stuff and went to another bank. The other bank was more than glad to take my app at their branch. Just waiting to see if all goes well. App pending. Smiley Happy

Message Edited by Bizman on 10-09-2007 07:35 PM
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.