Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a Realtor in NJ

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking for a Realtor in NJ

Can anyone recomend me to a realtor agent in New Jersey who offers 2% cash back rebate? I know precisely the town and sub-division I want to buy in and I'm very familiar with the homes there.  So I won't need any shopping around nor will there need to be major negotiations.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Looking for a Realtor in NJ

@Anonymous wrote:

Can anyone recomend me to a realtor agent in New Jersey who offers 2% cash back rebate? I know precisely the town and sub-division I want to buy in and I'm very familiar with the homes there.  So I won't need any shopping around nor will there need to be major negotiations.  Thanks!

Such a thing exists?

My purchases have generally been stupid easy, close to money for nothing from a RE perspective but this has become common practice beyond the discount Redfin et al. often advertise?  Really if I did this often I'd just go and get licensed myself.

Admittedly the one sale I've made the realtor was worth the full money full stop.

        
Message 2 of 7
JVille
Valued Contributor

The typical RE agent only gets 2.5 to 3% and you want a 2% rebate in this market? In the small community of Eugene Oregon (and many towns all over the country) homes listed for sale are sold in days (or hours) with multiple offers at over the listed price. Your quest seems unlikely in this market.

average commission in Oregon 6% 

listing agent 3.0%
selling agent 3.0%
and of these numbers a portion is split with their Office/Broker.

JMHO 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am indeed looking to take 2% and the agent keeps 1% for a $750K home.  One has alrady offered me 1.5% (i.e. 50%).  I know exactly where I want to buy, I have my own attorney, pre-approved mortgage loan, and I except that there'l be minimal negotiations.   So what will this agent do to make 2%?  The agent will only end up doing mostly administrative work. We have an over supply of agents in my state.  II have absolutly no doubt that I will fine one who'll agree to my stipulation.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My state does not require use of an agent to buy. My mom is an agent in another state and I have a friend who's a real estate attorney. With their help, I may end up doing it myself like the 22% of buyers in my state that don't use agents.  I know where I want to buy and I know the price. Not sure what an agent will do to even earn 1%.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JVille wrote:

The typical RE agent only gets 2.5 to 3% and you want a 2% rebate in this market? In the small community of Eugene Oregon (and many towns all over the country) homes listed for sale are sold in days (or hours) with multiple offers at over the listed price. Your quest seems unlikely in this market.

average commission in Oregon 6% 

listing agent 3.0%
selling agent 3.0%
and of these numbers a portion is split with their Office/Broker.

JMHO 

Not all agents work with established offices or brokers.  Many are independent.  In my case the agent will do very little work.  I don't see why they deserve any more than a percent.  He who holds the gold makes the rules

Message 6 of 7
JVille
Valued Contributor

Lol I don't even know what to say other than Good Luck with that....

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.