cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for advice / opinions. Pre-approval letter now wants more money down?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking for advice / opinions. Pre-approval letter now wants more money down?

Thank you in advance-

My wife are around 50, both make a little over 100K in the Midwest. (A real good income for here). I lost my job and we were forclosed on in 2017. I tried to work with W.F. but they declined.

We have rented a townhouse since then, and enrolled $70,000 in unsecured debt in National Debt Relief. It is paid off this week!!

We had recieved a pre-approval letter in Feb. for a $425,000, 30 year loan, with 5% down.

We sign a Purchase Agreeemt 2 weeks ago on a $420,000 home, and now he is saying we need 15% down because we are not 7 years passed our Foreclosure.

Why on earth would he say we were approved, and now say he needs more money? Thoughts, advice? This was through planet home lending. 

We could put 5-10% down. 

Any help is appreciated!

We are 625-650 scores as well.

4 REPLIES 4
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Re: Looking for advice / opinions. Pre-approval letter now wants more money down?

I would check some CUs.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looking for advice / opinions. Pre-approval letter now wants more money down?

Thank You!

Message 3 of 5
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

Look into an FHA loan for now (3 years since FC) if you're in the right state in midwest for higher limits (like Boise, ID) or look into a cheaper home price because single family limits are $356,362.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, they will approve us, we are tring to come up with the $65,000 down to get the loan to the $356,362 level. We appreciate all replies.

@MauiMan85297 wrote:

Look into an FHA loan for now (3 years since FC) if you're in the right state in midwest for higher limits (like Boise, ID) or look into a cheaper home price because single family limits are $356,362.

@MauiMan85297 wrote:

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.