Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing sleep and hoping someone can help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Losing sleep and hoping someone can help

We relocated and finally found a house in the school district we want.   Our house sold and have the proceeds.  

My credit was hurt when we were supporting 2 households prior to the sale - long story.   

I have 653, 627, and 643 - the average of the mortgage scores is 627 - so still above the 620.  

Bought all 3 credit reports and the agencies still have me owing 35k more than I do. The lender can do a rapid recalculation.  

Our offer was accepted for $585K and we plan to put 20% down.  Can do more if needed.   

When I do the stimulator for the $35K that hasn't gone through it brings my #'s close to 700.  I just don't want to lose this house and need to pre-approval letter.   

My annual salary is more than the total purchase price of the house - just got us into some trouble and working our way out.  

So I guess my question is - FHA our only option and is 620 now the minimum?  

I do have a few late payments over the last year and does that matter if the score is still over the 620 and I have more than the downpayment and I have proof of income.  My debt to income ratio is not a problem at all.   

Just losing sleep until my mortgage broker runs my report tomorrow.   

What do they look at in the underwriting process now?   

I have not gone for a mortgage in almost 10 years.  

I have no reports on being late on my old mortgage.  

So with strong income, scores 620 plus, over 20% downpayment - is it likelky that I will be approved for a $475k loan?  

Will NEVER allow myself to get in this situation again.   

TIA for all your thoughts.   

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FSUGAPEACH78
Regular Contributor

Re: Losing sleep and hoping someone can help

Not certain what FHA limits are in your area but I know here in GA the limits are $330K. You might want to see about going conventional financing but not sure if you're scores will be high enough. Just a thought. Good luck to you! 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Losing sleep and hoping someone can help

Correct me if I'm wrong but is your lender looking for your average score or your middle score ? Because if so I believe it's higher than the 627 . 

Have you asked the lender what they are looking for in the underwriting process ? 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.