Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lots of equity, rebuilding credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lots of equity, rebuilding credit

I owe 74,000 on my mortgage and the market value is about 175,000.  Id like to get into another home but I am in the very beginning stages of rebuilding my credit.  I got added as a AU on my moms CC.  Sence then I have 1 secured cc, capital one plat, victoria secret and jcrew cc.  I also am doing a secured loan through self lender.  I was able to get lots of stuff deleted of my credit report but still have a few collections and charge offs 1 of them being a repo car loan where i owe 8k but they are williing to settle for 4k.  I spent a good bit of money trying to fix my credit when i probably should have filed for bankrupcy but i chose to repair.  I know its hard to give me opions not having the full scope of my profile but what would you do if you were me?  Just keep what i have and let the trade lines age and see where i am at in one year or.....

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lots of equity, rebuilding credit

Good job so far.  How soon are you planning on getting into a new home and what are your current FICO scores of today or recently?

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.