cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low income and very high DTI (before PITI) options?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Low income and very high DTI (before PITI) options?

Your best bet might be a credit union like NFCU or your local. Sometimes the local credit unions and even banks are better in markets like your where the housing prices are so out of sync with other areas of the country. The problem is that even though they may go lower on the home price being financed they may be more conservative with down payments. The only way to know is to shop around.

I'd advise having your credit scores, amount in savings, debts, utilization percentages, and the like written and ready to show a loan officer and without letting them pull your credit ask them to look it over to see if they might have a product to fit your needs. If one place says no then keep looking. Unfortunately I don't know any banks that reach into Kentucky., but again, you might look at a cu.

You are in a bit of a catch 22 with the student loans. Good luck and I hope you can come back and tell us about your success! 

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.