Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lower DTI

tag
samy2576
New Contributor

Lower DTI

If I pay off a credit card after applying for a mortgage, can they see that? Or do I have to wait for the company to report it to a bureau on the normal statement date? If I show that I paid it off but it's not reported yet,, can they remove it from my DTI?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
courtney091082
Regular Contributor

Re: Lower DTI

I'm not 100% sure but I think that's why a lot of the time people do a rapid rescore Smiley Wink I'm sure there is a way to show proof, hopefully someone will chime in 

9/1/2012 ...DRUMROLL .... EQ .. 776!!

I'm FINALLY a homeowner .. 10/24/12!!!!

My Cards ~~~GARDENING~~~ BNSF CU ($1000) BOA ($2500) Amazon / GE ($900) AMEX BCE ($2500) Chase Freedom ($3000) US Bank Cash + (7500)
Message 2 of 4
beb86
Valued Contributor

The really don't pay attention to the balance more along the lines of min payments for DTI...It would certainly help your UTIL though!!!

Message 3 of 4
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

In my experience, you should wait until it updates in the bureaus... Mortgage companies don't really like to do RR, because it costs money...  You may call your credit card company and ask if they are willing to do an off cycle update...

Best of Luck!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.