Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIDDLE SCORE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

MIDDLE SCORE

I have a question. Mortgage companies look for middle fico score. So my middle fico score is EQ score. Is that correct? It means that they just look for EQ fico score?

Thanks

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: MIDDLE SCORE

Nope.. if your scores are 600 650 and 700 (regardless of the CRA) the mid number (650) will be used.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Tuscani. EQ is my lowest score so I was really worried.Thanks for the clarification. I feel

much better now. My Fico scores are TU 587 EQ 532 EX 598. So my middle score would be 576

right? I want it to be 620 so I can apply for a mortgage.

Thanks

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

ashabbir1 wrote:
Thanks Tuscani. EQ is my lowest score so I was really worried.Thanks for the clarification. I feel

much better now. My Fico scores are TU 587 EQ 532 EX 598. So my middle score would be 576

Thanks

i thought it would be 587, it's not you high or low, it's the middle of the three. that's how i've always had it explained to me.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now I got it. What I was doing is adding all 3 fico score and divide by 3. Now i got it what is the real middle score. Sorry, I had a blonde moment Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You GOT IT!!!Smiley Very Happy

ashabbir1 wrote:

Thanks

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep. I got it. Smiley Happy. Now I feel like I could be a mortgage broker Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll add more to the discussion:

No, most lenders don't use the "average" of all three scores, they pick the middle score and go with that.

BUT, they will use ALL the information from all three bureaus, meaning if the bureau with your middle score might not report a charge off but the bureau with the lowest score DOES report a charge off, you will still have to work around or explain or clear that charge off. It will have to be addressed even though it's not "affecting" your middle score.

Hope that helps.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice post. I have paid public record on EXP but no public record on TU., but my middle score is from TU. So I guess they would check EXP too.

Message Edited by ashabbir1 on 09-09-2007 11:09 AM
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct me if I am wrong. I dont think so mortgage companies care about charge off as long as its paid.

Thanks

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.