Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MTG Lender Credit Pulls

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

MTG Lender Credit Pulls

All of my creditors post to the CRAs at the beginning of the month. I understand that mortgage lenders may pull a last time before close... 1) Will this last pull reflect the CRs monthly updated info.or do they get some kinda daily update? 2) Typically, when is this last pull? (I had to use a cc to float myself for a couple of days but intend to pay this amount off before COE which is on the 19th - I wanna know if this might show up.) 3) The loan is funded, but docs are not signed, now what? 4) Lastly, what is a reasonable ir for a middle score of 644?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: MTG Lender Credit Pulls

1.  If credit is pulled by the mortgage company again then whatever info was on the CRA's at that point will also be on the mortgage companies credit report, for better or worse.
2. Not all mortgage companies pull credit again right before closing, I'd say less than 1/4 of them do.  If they do pull credit again it would be right before docs are drawn up.
3. Docs need to be signed in order for the loan to fund, are you sure the loan is funded?
4. Reasonable interest rate would be determined by the details of the transaction in addition to your credit score.  Debt ratio, loan-to-value (down payment in your case), and reserves all play a part in your interest rate.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.