Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Made an offer...accepted! ----> a.k.a Home purchase venting thread

tag
musikklvr
Frequent Contributor

Re: Made an offer...accepted! ----> a.k.a Home purchase venting thread

CONGRATULATIONS CALI!!!!  I am really happy for you. I know you have been through the wire and it's paying off.

My dilemma is still ongoing. I have a second house now appraising low and I'm out $1600 bux. I'm not sure what's going on with the VA appraisers but it's driving me mad. I'm the only one my realtor has that is having appraisal issues and I'm her only VA client right now. Supposed to close on June 30th and now I'm in Limbo yet again.

Anyway, I am really happy for you!! Enjoy your new home.

Starting Score: 668
Current Score: 712
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 341 of 365
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's Monday, Cali. Just checkin' on ya.

For what it's worth, I closed 2 months ago and am just moving in this weekend!!   Finally no more living in between 2 states!

Message 342 of 365
Anonymous
Not applicable

unfortunately still waiting for my keys.  i'm definately chomping at the bit now.  hopefully i will get them by tomorrow like i was told.  i have everything set to move on friday. i have to be out by the first so i really have no other choice.

This week is a busy week even without the house stuff, so we'll see how it pans out.

Message 343 of 365
salsa34
New Contributor

Yay Cali!  Congrats on getting everything signed and I hope you get your keys soon and share pics with us!!!

As for me, I'd like to jump in to this thread...we are under contract and the inspection is tomorrow.  We are still a long way from closing (July 10?), but it has been smooth sailing so far.  I really like my realtor and loan officer/mortgage broker (what is the difference anyway?).  Both are really on top of things and responsive.  We managed to lock a 5% rate last week, so I am ecstatic about that!

Message 344 of 365
Anonymous
Not applicable

actually i posted a pic already! the only one i had was from the realtors website as my camera is dead and i cannot for the life of me find the charger.  It's probably packed somewhere.
Message 345 of 365
salsa34
New Contributor

I found your picture....the home is lovely!  I hope you get to start enjoying it very soon!
Message 346 of 365
Anonymous
Not applicable

uh yeah...STILL waiting for my keys by the way. it's been a week from today since i signed, which is as long as my loan officer said it would take. The title company said yesterday.  i will be absolutely PO'd if this doesn't record today.
Message 347 of 365
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like somebody isn't doing their job. There is absolutely no reason for this. By the way, if you signed last week....aren't you techinically responsible for the house based on the numbers on the HUD that were signed? So, what I'm trying to figure out is are you paying for a 1/4 of a month that you didn't live in the house? Are they local to you? I'd be going down there and standing on top of someone's desk until they gave me an answer.
Message 348 of 365
Anonymous
Not applicable

they are both local and between my realtor and myself we probably call at least 10 times and day and send another 30 emails a day to the lender and the title company.  the lender says they are waiting on the title company to complete funding conditions and the title company tells me they are waiting on the lender! i am literally babysitting them hourly and something continues to pop up. i think i've been pretty patient with everyone for the last 3 months and i'm really getting to the end of my rope.

Also, i'm supposed to move on friday, and still no keys.

i'm almost positive we'll be able to fund tomorrow and record.  but who knows!

Message 349 of 365
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh my God my loan finally funded. my realtor is pushing them to record now and will give me keys this evening. oh happy day! this is finally over.
Message 350 of 365
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.