Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailings from Figure.com

tag
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

Re: Mailings from Figure.com

@MauiMan85297 wrote:

That information you're talking about should be on the inside of the envelope.  We do a similar mailer but the clear part of the envelope only has your name and address, once you open the mailer it has that information included.  And yes, just like previous poster stated the information is public record, it shouldn't have your balance but the amount you last financed at a rate that the new company is listing which calculates just your P&I payment.

The mailer wouldn't look legit if they tried figuring out your balance then calculated your equity- people have done forbearances and a lot of people pay more than stated payment so balance can be off 10's of thousands.

I get it about privacy if that information is for ALL to see and isn't right.

Thanks! I was really starting to think I was all alone in feeling this way.

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 11 of 12
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

Re: Mailings from Figure.com

@iced wrote:

@SoCalGardener wrote:

Exactly. I get these spiffy, glossy mailings several times a week from various local Realtors, each loaded with photos of recently listed or sold homes in my area--along with their prices and other info, like "sold for $800,000 above asking price." THAT is how I know what houses are actually selling for in my neighborhood! The difference on sites like Zillow is downright shocking.

The caution I'd throw at the glossy mailings is those are realtors are often cherry-picking a specific transaction to entice you to list your home with them and are in no way tailored to each address they mail to; as such, the chances of that particular sale being a good comp, even if in the same neighborhood, aren't great.

There's studios in my neighborhood that sell for $800k and 3 bedroom condos that sell for $3 million, sometimes within the same building; there's just no way a realtor mailing out flyers is going to send different cards to each unit showing them comps to their own home.

The mailers I get--the glossy ones with pretty pictures--actually *are* targeted for my specific neighborhood. It's not at all unusual to glance at one and see a house from two doors down staring back at me! Also, my entire neighborhood is single-family homes, so there's no mixing-and-matching of housing types, like condos vs townhomes vs multi-family units. They're just all single-family detached houses.

As for enticing me to sell/list with them, that will *never* happen! I'm here until I drop dead; after that, it's stipulated in my trust that my daughter cannot sell the house (except under very specific, extreme circumstances, such as the area turning into a slum Smiley Surprised ), but must pass it down, keeping it in the family.

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.