Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing Funds from 401k - Ideas?

tag
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Re: Managing Funds from 401k - Ideas?

I'm sorry if I write commands. That is just my writing style. No one is commanding you to do anything. All my words express is a very strong opinion.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 31 of 35
cclee
Regular Contributor

MovingForward, I think what foofighter is trying to say is that, while you do have an opinion, your opinion is not fact.  You push your opinion as if it is fact, you should not be giving advice on things you know nothing of.. Mortgage fraud for example.  Just because in your head it couldn't possibly be this or that, does not mean that it is or isn't.  I realize I probably sound like a jerk, but I'm tired of all the fighting going on in multiple threads because you think you are right, it's getting old.

In The Garden Until 11/01/15 - Last App 11/03/13
Message 32 of 35
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

I was speaking to the general audience as well so that my stance on the issue is clear to others that read this thread since it is public.

This is a forum to go deeper into the mortgage process when a question poses it. This forum is not always for a formal yes or no answer to a question. There are places you can go on the Internet where you type a question in a box and wait for an answer. This forum instead allows people to dig under the surface to get to understand the situation to provide a thorough and complete answer because answers to most questions are dependent on many factors. So the same question answered toward someone else may be a different approach from what is best for you. So if you want the true answer to your question, you need to provide more information. Like for example, you could add that I have another $10K in my savings after I pay my downpayment and closing costs plus my husband has $75K in his 401K that we are not touching plus I make $125K a year. With that info my answer would be different. I would say it would be okay to withdraw your entire 401K as a hardship but would recommend that you put more money back in than you did before owning your home after you get settled because you want to replenish it when able.

So my answers can only be as good as the info you provide. The more info you provide upfront, the better the answers are going to be in terms of us providing a more definitive answer for you. Our goal is to help you as much as possible.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 33 of 35
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Excuse me Cclee, but I am not starting fights, the way I phrase my response is and instead of you all reading it for what it is and moving on, you address me directly every time I write a post in disagreement. And then since you are addressing me directly about an assumed attitude, demeanor, or personality in my words. You take those assumptions and make direct accusations towards me about who you think I am that are off topic and causes your "so-called" fights. Because I don't appreciate being labeled something that I am not. The way I write is my own personalized style and it wouldn't come off negatively if you asked me the same question in person. You already have an issue with me as you referenced something I said in another thread...I am already on your hit list and now a forum "gang" is going to form up against me for the sole purpose of attacking every single post i write. So any post I write will come off as negative to you.

I will be the bigger person and when I see another post like yours, I will simply ignore it. I am here to try to help others by providing my unique opinion and that is what I plan on continuing doing.
Message 34 of 35
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Im gonna stay the smaller person... and keep my three cents to myself! lol

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.