cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

March & April Closers - Come on In!!

tag
Annaliese
New Contributor

Re: March & April Closers - Come on In!!

Jason,

I couldn't agree with you more on that.  We closed on 3/9 and it feels really good being a homeowner after renting for 10 years. Goodluck to those who are still in the process - it's not going to be easy, lots of sleepless nights, wondering if UW will approve the loan or not etc. but when closing is done and you have the keys... it will be the best moment of your life. Smiley Happy

Message 41 of 150
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are extremely lucky right now.  I'm literally waiting to hear those exact words.  I was told on Friday, it could be at least 48 hours!!  Good luck to you and congratulations on home ownersip.

Message 42 of 150
Jenny

• Listing Price: $64,900
  • Property: Single Family 1509 sq.ft. quad style home - short sale with "approved price"
  • Submitted offer on: 1/17/12 $68794 with 6% concessions. Their verbal counter was $66847 with 3% concessions. We agreed. They argued that the counter offer was $68794 with 3% concessions. We try to walk away, logic overpowers emotions and we just agree to pay the $2000 extra. /=
  • Signed Purchased contract on : Never signed purchase agreement, which resulted in a numerous amount of problems and wavering statements on actual purchase price and seller concessions. 
  • Type of Loan: FHA
  • Loan Rate: 4.25%
  • Loan Application submitted: 2/9/12
  • Loan approved: 3/15/12
  • Committment letter received on: ?
  • Closing date: 3/20/12
  • Closed on: Not yet
Message 43 of 150
Anonymous
Not applicable

Listing Price:  436,500

Purchace Price:  431,400  (Seller to pay up to $12000 in closing costs)

•  Property:  Single Family Home, new construction
  •  Submitted Offer:  February 29,2012
  •  Signed Purchase Contract:  March 3, 2012
  •  Type of Loan:  FHA 3.75%
  •  Closing:  March 29th but could be closed much sooner...like this friday, March 23rd.
  •  Appraisal:  $432,500 (3/16/2012)

Message 44 of 150
Anonymous
Not applicable

that is a tremendously quick closing. Do you mind if I ask what State you are in?

Message 45 of 150
Anonymous
Not applicable

That has to be at least a little true. I saw a house i was not crazy about but I said (to my self) if the price went down I would put in an offer. Low and behold the house went down 17,000 that Monday, I saw it on a Saturday. I put in an offer even thought my agent said (banks don't do more than 3% closer assit) and they did 6% closer assist. The inspection had minor things (stuff I would have done anyway). I have just enough money for closing plus in my account (March 27th). My contractor seems very knowledgable and I am not afraid of how the renovations will turn out. Im just waiting on those final words. CLEARED TO CLOSE Smiley Very Happy

Message 46 of 150
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats awesome, quick question when did your paperwork go to UW. And who is your loan through

Message 47 of 150
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im in southern California, Los Angeles area.  My loan was approved through D/U and manual underwiting (which was nerve wrecking).  I'm buying my home through MTH Financial (the preffered lender for Meritage homes).  It's been a smooth transaction thusfar, I PRAY it continues.

Message 48 of 150
Anonymous
Not applicable

**Update** My LO just called and said all my "conditions" have been signed off on. The appraisal fee was charged to my bank account yesterday but we do not know if the appraisal has even been done yet. my LO says that we are just waiting on the appraisal and Title work(which he said was already submitted). Assuming no problems, the file will be sent to USDA and then I will get my Clear to Close. He said he deals with USDA loans all the time and right now, they only take about 2 days to review the final documentation and approve it but that sometimes(rarely) they have additional conditions/requests that I will have to submit. Wish me luck all...this whole process has me on edge. I can't think about anything else until I get the keys in my hand.
Message 49 of 150
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's awesome when is closing scheduled for
Message 50 of 150
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.