Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max Front End/Back End DTI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Max Front End/Back End DTI?

What is the max front end and back end dti anyone has seen approved?  I can't even get any local lenders to have a conversation about this topic until a credit pull is done.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Max Front End/Back End DTI?

@Anonymous wrote:

What is the max front end and back end dti anyone has seen approved?  I can't even get any local lenders to have a conversation about this topic until a credit pull is done.

For what type of loan? Different types of loans have different max DTI. Also lenders can have overlays that lower the max DTI that they can lend to. 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Construction.  Land will be paid off prior to application.  Auto loan will be less than 10 months.  Only debt on credit report will be three minimal credit card payments.  Trying to do with one spouse only on loan.   

Message 3 of 6
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Front End DTI is generally irrelevant.  

Back End DTI can go up to 50% in some cases, but most lenders prefer to stay under 43%.

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply.  This is where I am confused.  So if someone were to free up all of the credit report debt right as they apply could they literally get the mortgage(taxes, etc) all for close to that 45-50% of their income?

Message 5 of 6
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Essentially, yes.

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.