ReBuild-OH17
New Contributor

Re: May and June Closers

I'm in Ohio
Message 11 of 165
TheR105
Regular Contributor

I live in Illinois. My house was in foreclosure sold at reo and rehabbed. It's in an established good neighborhood. I really got lucky with this one especially being a first time buyer and single mom,
Message 12 of 165
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in Lake Asbury, Florida near Jacksonville.  My house is in a great neighborhood but it is not a new home.  I am going to have to make some upgrades in the kitchen etc but it is a great neighborhood and perfect for my husband and I. The house has 5br/2bth just at 2,000 sqft.  I am going to add molding to the kitchen cabinets and the center island, add hardware to the cabinets, lay black laminate flooring, stainless steel appliances and lots and lots of cleaning and painting! : )  OHhhh and lots of yard work needed.  My house is a shortsale and the owners owe $220,000 but it is being sold to me for just over $119,000.

You can view my house pictures by clicking on the link below.  You will see it is not the nicest house but perfect to me : )

HI blessed92380,

I removed that link because it shows someone's full name and that is a big privacy concern. If you can edit out the name you're welcome to re-post the pictures.

MarineVietVet, myFICO moderator

Message 13 of 165
germaine47
Frequent Contributor

I dont blame you for loving your new home, I am wishing you the best.

Fico September 2012; TU 681, EX 674, EQ 652
Fako October 2012: TU 706, EX 641,
Message 14 of 165
Anonymous
Not applicable

Had looked at homes for about a month before preapproval

Loan commitment: March 19

USDA guaranteed at 3.75%

Searched for some more homes and procured a realtor to let us in!

First home offer accepted: April 5 (canceled contract due to some mold issues)

Second home offer accepted after multiple counters: April 12 for 

Asking price : 163k priced was dropped a week before from 167k

Accepted price: 157500 (no closing costs though)

Inspection: April 16

Minor repairs were needed which the sellers agreed to make

Repair addendum added: April 23

Appraisal ordered April 23 (not sure when it will happen yet)

Set to close May 16th per realtor and loan officer

Message 15 of 165
SuzyStellar
Contributor

I am in Northeast Pennsylvania and the price I put in for my closing is actually average to pretty high for property around here.  I think we are overpaying!...but I am ok with it cause I do really like our home, and plan to be there till we are old and gray.  Not a lot is selling around here, so come get a deal! 

Message 16 of 165
CalifBlueBird

Yay, I get to join this thread.  I am in the Seattle area.  The paperwork demands for the mortgage are much more than when I purchased homes in the past.

• Listing Price: $289,000.  Purchase price $294,000  (There were multiple bids.)
  • Property: Built 1965, single family house on 1/2 acre
  • Submitted offer on: 4/9/2012
  • Signed Purchased contract on : 4/10/2012
  • Type of Loan: Conventional 20 year
  • Loan Rate: 3.875%
  • Loan Application submitted: 4/19/2012
  • Loan approved: pending
  • Committment letter received on: pending
  • Closing date: 5/24/2012
  • Closed on: Not yet
Message 17 of 165
Catacam
Frequent Contributor

Lots of Northwesterners on this thread!!

I'm in Olympia and $272k is a great price on our house!! 5 years ago, it would have easily been $400k!!!

Congrats to all of us!!!

CLOSED ON OUR FIRST HOME MAY 30TH!!!

Starting Score: TU 589 EQ 526 EX603
Current Score: TU 635 EQ 603 EX ??
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 18 of 165
ReBuild-OH17
New Contributor

@tasharn wrote:
I'm in Ohio

I should add that the house is located in one of the top rated school districts in Ohio, in a very nice neighborhood. The house is being sold to pay for the current owners medical bills, she lives in a nursing home. Houses for sale around the corner are for 140+k and 150+k. Dayton's cost of living is alot lower than the cities you all have mentioned.

Message 19 of 165
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Hope to be closing in June.  Can't wait to post my specifics once my offer is acceptedSmiley Wink

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 20 of 165
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.