Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maybe someone can help please--

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe someone can help please--

This is probably not the correct forum for this but I thought I would ask. My grandparents are selling their house, they were supposed to be closing on 12/9. On friday the attorney for the buyer who is buying their house called them and told them that there was a lein put on the house back in 1993 but it was paid and they cannot come up with the discharge papers or the papers saying it was clear ( i do not know the official name) they said they are researching it and it can take 15-30 days. This puts them in a horrible spot, they had to postpone the closing, cancel their airline tickets and movers. They are moving from RI to AZ to be with us. They are 80 years old and im afraid this is going to literally kill them. Does anyone have any helpful suggestions how to speed things up?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Maybe someone can help please--

they can close their side in AZ via notary

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Maybe someone can help please--

They can also get a real estate attorney, sign a power of attorney for this specific transaction and have the attorney show up at the closing.  I've sold two houses and didn't attend either closing.  the cost of the attorney will probably be the same price as whatever the airlines would penalize them for changing their tickets.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.