cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midnight crisis - A question for the experts - 1099 C for non-applying spouse

tag
Nia_78

Midnight crisis - A question for the experts - 1099 C for non-applying spouse

So... I was laying in bed, half asleep, when I suddenly had a panic attack. Our VA home loan currently is with the underwriters. The VA home loan is only under my husband who is AD with 20 years. I am a spouse, and have worked OCONUS as a federal employee for years, but currently am on LWOP (basically jobless) due to our current PCS to here. So, the loan app was sent in just under my husband, pre-approved, and went to the underwriters. 

One of the letter of explanations was for a 1099-C that was only under me for 2014 tax returns, since it was a joint return. We clarified that I was a full time employee. In Jul 2014, I received a bonus for an honorary award and thought I'd try a side venture. It didn't work out... too little time, and being overseas limited options. It was also explained that it was short term and discontinued as of 2014. 

Will this impact our pre-approval at underwriting? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: Midnight crisis - A question for the experts - 1099 C for non-applying spouse

Maybe or maybe not. Can't be predicted as each lender has it's own guidelines and underwriting tolerance.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.