Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modified mortgage not in credit report

tag
Goeagles1231
Valued Member

Modified mortgage not in credit report

Hello my chapter 13 was discharged in January of this year. During the chapter 13 we did a loan modification about 2 years ago. When I just checked my credit ,the new modifies loan is not on my credit report , only the old one and it is under closed accounts. Why would this be? Any advice would be great.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
kc0039
Established Contributor

Re: Modified mortgage not in credit report

Loan mods usually won't be in the credit report. Why? idk. Some loan mods are in the report some aren't. You have to ask you servicer on why they aren't reporting your loan payments to the credit reporting agencies.

Licensed in IL
Message 2 of 3
Goeagles1231
Valued Member

Re: Modified mortgage not in credit report

I did notice that my credit reports from a few months ago show the modified amount of the loan and now after the discharge it is under closed on all 3 of my reports. How will this effect me if I apply for a new mortgage and is it possible to just walk away from my house? I don’t recall ever reaffirming the mortgage. I want to sell the house but I will not get what I owe and there are too many repairs that I cannot afford right now.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.