Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Morgage Question for DallasGuy

tag
Tryin2rebuild08
Regular Contributor

Morgage Question for DallasGuy

Hi DallasGuy,

I've been reading your solid responses on this board for the last two days. I have a question for you. I'm shooting to qualify for a morgage in the next 3 months. I've once lived in Dallas 2002-2003, and was always fascinated by the quality homes you get for the price. I had moved moved back to NY because of family issues, but now I want to buy and home and move back to dallas to raise my kids. However, I'm wondering what I would need to show to Qualify for a loan in Dallas. I will not be moving into a job there, but is very confident, that I will find one in a month or two. I also have some money save to take care of my expenses for about 3 months. Right now I'm working on improving my credit score. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
6/20/08 TU=553 EQ=577 EX=458
07/16/08 TU=599 EQ=621 EX= 556
8/05/08 TU=632 EQ=652 EX=598, 9/30/08 TU=632 EQ=655 EX=616
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Morgage Question for DallasGuy

You will need a job. Specifically: At least one paystub from the new job to close.
Unless you could find a lease option type deal.... you would have to get temporary housing.
Sorry

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 6
Tryin2rebuild08
Regular Contributor

Thanks Dallas. Understood. The reason why I asked it's because i had a friend who bought a house in GA without a Job and move straight into her house, then found a job a few months later. WaMu is her bank. I also had another friend who did the same thing in Florida. Does it depend on the state?
6/20/08 TU=553 EQ=577 EX=458
07/16/08 TU=599 EQ=621 EX= 556
8/05/08 TU=632 EQ=652 EX=598, 9/30/08 TU=632 EQ=655 EX=616
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tryin2rebuild08 wrote:
Thanks Dallas. Understood. The reason why I asked it's because i had a friend who bought a house in GA without a Job and move straight into her house, then found a job a few months later. WaMu is her bank. I also had another friend who did the same thing in Florida. Does it depend on the state?

I'm no authority on mortgages and lending, but I wouldn't be surprised if your friends either capitalized on high FICOs or if it's a case of how the market has changed since the decline/explosion.

From what I understand, lenders are adopting stricter guidelines in lending now. Too many foreclosures, too many short sales ...
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had looked into a new house in GA and I was told that I would have to show proof of having a job in GA for the approval process. I was told that if I did not have the first check stub for proof, I would have to have a letter on company letterhead indicating a start date.  This was in the earlier part of this month.
Message 5 of 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Tryin2rebuild08 wrote:

and i did those deals back in the day.
in the long run it would be worth renting for 6 months and getting a job first, but some people wanted to do it this way. and paid thru the nose in interest.

those deals dont happen anymore.

Retired Lender
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.