Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mortgage App w/cc debt (sigh)

tag
redE2move
Frequent Contributor

Mortgage App w/cc debt (sigh)

There is a small possibility that we may run into a snag before our mortgage app.Smiley Sad  If it happens, I won't be able to get AZEO with <30% utl before our mortgage app in 28 days.  Do you think either of these scenarios could still possibly get an approval and if so which would be the better option?

Scenario A:  8 total revolvers (7 with zero balance and 1 with 70%utl) total 24% UTL?

Scenario B:  8 total revolvers (6 with zero blance, 1 with 66%utl, 1 with 68%utl) total 30% UTL?

Other contributing factors: (At app)

Loan: Conventional

Middle mortgage score:  ME: 709  DH: 700

Income: 56000

Student Loan IBR: 0 (deferred)

Monthly obligations:  $1000 (which includes car note and min cc payments at app $120)

DH total UTL: 4% (2 balances both under 30%), 1 baddie $115 (only on one report & 5 years old)

ME:  2 baddies PIF in 2016 (They had the NERVE to update THIS MONTH showing closed in Feb) I didn't want to dispute as I read it is bad to have disputes at the time of mortgage app

My heart tells me to still do the app so if nothing else we'd know where we stand.  My gut tells me I may get my feelings hurt with a disappointing denial.

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Mortgage App w/cc debt (sigh)

I am by no means an expert, but my husband and I just applied and received preapproval a week ago, and individual CC UTI was not a factor. Overall UTI for us is just at 30%, and we have AZE2, and those two individual cards are at 69% and 85%. Granted that's that only app we've put in so far, but the lender rep was more concerned with DTI and scores. (Our lowest middle mortgage score was 749.) I would still go with your Scenario A, but that's just me.

I'm not as confident about the baddies. My husband had one medical collection reporting on one bureau only from 2013, and our rep said just to ignore it if they wouldn't go PFD.

Hopefully some of the experts here will have better input. Good luck. I get how you feel totally. I was all nerves when we applied. Lender laughed and said, "You have so much knowledge from your research that you're dangerous. I think you're overthinking it."
Message 2 of 4
me12345
Frequent Contributor

Do the app...

Mortgage loans are all about the FICO score and the DTI.... not inquiries and utilization

Thanks,

VA & FHA down to 550...
Licensed Senior Mortgage Loan Officer in the states of Arizona & California
Specializing in VA, FHA, USDA & Conventional loans. My company is also licensed in 12 states, Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, California, Oregon, Washington, Utah,
Alaska, New Mexico, Texas, Illinois and Florida
Message 3 of 4
redE2move
Frequent Contributor

Yeah I'm sure I'm overthinking everything at this point.  A friend told me the same.  I just want to be sure I've done all I could.  Part of me says wait but this is a road I should've taken years ago and just lacked the support and know how.  This forum is truly everything.  Without it I'd still be walking around bi-folded.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.